Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Beyond annoyed Qantas not crediting flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2018, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, EY, SPG Gold, Delta PLT, HH Gold

I decided to go for Qantas status in 2017 as I fly frequently for business from Asia to Sydney. But to date, I have 7 qantas metal flights from 2017 that still aren't credited. I've claimed missing points through their website, I've called customer service, I've written the generic email. It's not that complicated folks, and it's keeping me from gold.

There's no technical reason why these flights won't count. The past month when I've called, the agents give me some systems migration bs, but I don't see why this is my problem. Anyone have suggestions or another qantast contact I could try?
Old May 16, 2018, 8:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

On which airline's flight number were you flying from which points didn't credit

From a Qantas flight, I would have expected that Qantas FF customer call centre could have fixed it over the phone
Old May 16, 2018, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Several trips on QF20 and QF19, and QF 82. All ticketed through Qantas, and flown on Qantas planes.
Old May 16, 2018, 8:48 pm

Do the flights show up in your activity when logged into your frequent flyer account?
While ticketed through Qantas were they booked through them directly or by travel agent etc.
Also were points earned but no status credits.

Seems odd if booked directly and flown on QF flight number they did not credit within a few days of the flight.
Old May 16, 2018, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is your name in the ff account and the tickets exactly the same? Spelling, spaces, etc. Have some else check.
You can email:- frequent_flyer at qantas.com.au. Does have the "_"
Normally QF flights credit to the QF ffp in hours or a few days at the most.
Old May 16, 2018, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

The flights don't show up in my frequent flier activity log, They were booked through my office's travel agent, but I confirmed my qantas number was on each reservation and I also confirmed at the airport. I'll check about points vs status credits, but I assume neither as it's not in my activity log. It doesn't sound complicated, so I'm totally baffled as to why the last three times I've called qantas, I've got some version of "it's under review," or we're migrating our systems right now so can't check.
Old May 16, 2018, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do you still have the physical boarding passes?
Is your ffn on the boarding pass?
Full paid fares? Government fares? Corporate fares?
You need to have a good talk to your offices's TA to have the QF ffn in the reservation. Will then show when you log in the QF ffp.
Old May 16, 2018, 10:03 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
My domestic award flights from 6 and 4 days ago have not appeared on my statement. The points deduction does show but whereas these domestic award flights normally appear within 24 hrs, nothing yet - even though they would show 0 points and 0 SCs. Something’s wrong with “the system”.
Old May 16, 2018, 10:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Did your employer's travel agent perhaps purchase bulk fares or something else that's discounted and contractually isn't eligible for FF credit? Can you look at the receipts to see the fare codes on these tickets?

Is there any chance that your travel office could be using some fly-by-night (no pun intended) travel agent or mileage broker that's giving you tickets purchased with someone else's FF miles? Could they be booking some sort of cheap package "tours" and having you use only the plane ticket?
Old May 16, 2018, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Did your employer's travel agent perhaps purchase bulk fares or something else that's discounted and contractually isn't eligible for FF credit? Can you look at the receipts to see the fare codes on these tickets?
That is what I was wondering. Some Au government fares can get SC's but not QF points (or the other way round?).

Many years ago when doing a project in PER from MEL we booked "QF Holiday packages" that were cheaper than a straight out air fare. Had to stay 3 or 4 nights, so had few free weekends in Perth. Some guys did not stay at the "holiday hotel" but at other hotels or private accommodation. But we got QF ff points/SC.
Old May 16, 2018, 11:20 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Many years ago when I was in charge of the travel we used the airline contra account, Diners and Amex points to buy the tickets ...no FF points or Status Points for the flyers
Old May 18, 2018, 9:50 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by og
My domestic award flights from 6 and 4 days ago have not appeared on my statement. The points deduction does show but whereas these domestic award flights normally appear within 24 hrs, nothing yet - even though they would show 0 points and 0 SCs. Something’s wrong with “the system”.
Missing flight details appeared together for flights 7 and 9 days earlier. These were for MEL-SYD-MEL. It’s clear that there are some significant things happening / not happening with QF IT given that such flights have usually appeared within hours of the flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.