Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Singapore Lounges [Master Thread 2018-]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Lounges [Master Thread 2018-]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2018, 11:35 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by serfty
It's bean counter stuff - they provide a discreet special service to First PAX, CL & P1. Mere WP who are in the know simply don't use the lounge - at LHR T3 there are the CX F, AA FL and BA FL options, all far better than the QP.

At SIN there are less options, really only the BA lounge (and EK when open), much better than QF's.

At AKL I am not looking forward to the upcoming destruction of the Emerald cupboard.
Agree with you. But I'm just wondering what is not "sustainable" according to the quote. It's not great that there's not a F lounge, there's not enough space in total since the LHR change to Singapore, so yes I can understand the total space not being sustainable, but I'm not sure what is not sustainable about there not being a F lounge.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by sxc
.. I'm not sure what is not sustainable about there not being a F lounge.
I suspect @shillard is referring to First PAX using SIN drifting away to airlines that actually provide a First Lounge there.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 12:56 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

I suspect @shillard is referring to First PAX using SIN drifting away to airlines that actually provide a First Lounge there.
Possibly - but as I noted, QF doesn't seem to think it's a problem. They didn't include a F lounge in their LHR lounge. Yes there are other lounge alternatives in LHR, but the same could be said about the J lounge.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:31 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Precisely - and F/WP displeasure at what will be come a SYD T3 QF Pub experience.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by shillard
Precisely - and F/WP displeasure at what will be come a SYD T3 QF Pub experience.
Out of the 28 passengers each day who use QF F via Singapore I doubt many of those will change their flights due to the lack of a F class lounge in Singapore, something they'll only be using for about an hour. Particularly if they are corporate travellers, if a F class lounge was that important they'd already be flying SQ.

QF no doubt feels their competitive offering for F isnt dependant on a F lounge in Singapore - I can see why - onboard service, seat, scheduling and network much mroe important than a lounge you'll be sitting in for a relatively short period of time!
Old Aug 30, 2018, 1:41 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by SW7London
QF no doubt feels their competitive offering for F isnt dependant on a F lounge in Singapore - I can see why - onboard service, seat, scheduling and network much mroe important than a lounge you'll be sitting in for a relatively short period of time!
For a short stopover such as SIN, all that really matters is having a shower. If you’re flying LHR-SYD in F and having whatever you want to eat and drink, having even more in the SIN lounge isn’t (IMHO) a priority. But, if you are originating in SIN, then there is a case for a F lounge like those found in SYD or MEL with the same access rules.
shillard likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by Isochronous
Sounds like you got lucky.
I agree, I was there at 4pm 2 days ago only about 30 people in the lounge and saw a couple with QC directed to the adjacent crappy lounge.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 8:15 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Out of the 28 passengers each day who use QF F via Singapore I doubt many of those will change their flights due to the lack of a F class lounge in Singapore, something they'll only be using for about an hour. Particularly if they are corporate travellers, if a F class lounge was that important they'd already be flying SQ.

Longer at SIN if flying to/fro MEL (rather than SYD).

EK is also a decent alternative.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 10:07 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
you can be rest assured those flying CX are no longer using QF lounge... i been a culprit of it but the terminal transfer just aint worth it, even if there was a F section at some point in future... lets face not like any of us will direct business away from QF just cuz of lack of F lounge... we winge but we know it and they know it
Old Sep 2, 2018, 1:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If only Qantas had those items then
shillard likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 4:57 pm

To consider:

The F capacity of these flights ain't the same as the number of fare-paying F passengers (and whenever I've travelled QF F the cabin has had multiple staff members enjoying the free / discounted ride aside from those upgraded from business etc).
Passengers may want to use the lounge for longer than an hour - especially if connecting from the MEL flight to LHR (IIRC a 5 hour connection the last time I looked at the MEl-SIN-LHR timetable for F) - then those on stopovers in SIN may get to the airport earlier than one hour in advance.

But, yes, an F class fare-paying passer with any sense would book the better product on SQ with attendant multiple daily flights for flexibility way beyond the QF offering, plus other F class destinations in Europe (CDG, FRA, ZRH), widespread network, world class service.

QF has boxed itself into a corner - a niche product with only one daily F class flight in and out of LHR (entire Europe for that matter) - a 10 year old hard product with no plans for generational renewal.

QF 's competitiveness relies on the parochialism of its customers and the presumption on the part of those customers that the QF FF is their only option as Aussies.

The day when the EK Alliance falters, QF is in big trouble...
Old Sep 2, 2018, 11:50 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
i would say cheapest and effective solution is for QF to pay SQ for access to their F lounge, offerred only to F fare revenue pax matter of fact i think they should encourage reciplical arrangement for revenue pax
Old Sep 3, 2018, 11:40 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by fakecd
i would say cheapest and effective solution is for QF to pay SQ for access to their F lounge, offerred only to F fare revenue pax matter of fact i think they should encourage reciplical arrangement for revenue pax
The SQ F lounge is not that great, not terribly different to the feel and catering of the EK lounge (as opposed to the "The Private Room", and hell would freeze over before SQ grants anyone other than their own F pax acccess to that lounge - not even F passengers of their alliance/codeshare partners - LX and LH - can access that lounge). And that's putting aside the journey from T1 to T3 and back.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:51 am

Programs: EXP PLT, UA1K, QF Gold
Watch for a new exciting development on the lounge front for O/W carriers in Singapore T1 come November......
Old Sep 5, 2018, 5:09 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by GlobalTvller
Watch for a new exciting development on the lounge front for O/W carriers in Singapore T1 come November......
You can’t just say that with no details!

speculation: the BA lounge becomes the first class lounge again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.