Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Singapore Lounges [Master Thread 2018-]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Lounges [Master Thread 2018-]

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: Tesco Clubcard, Heathrow Rewards, M&S Sparks, Caffč Nero, HSBC rewards... BAEC defector
Originally Posted by Jase76
Does QF treat BA F passengers any differently in the SIN Lounge? Most of what I've read about the CCB mirrors the above and, being Aussie, am thinking of just going to the QF lounge and bypassing BA.
QF is just one big (very nice) room. I wouldn't totally bypass BA though - it's by far the best BA lounge in my opinion...
Old May 30, 2018, 8:19 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 07L 25R
QF is just one big (very nice) room. I wouldn't totally bypass BA though - it's by far the best BA lounge in my opinion...
That's not a great litmus test...
Old Jun 7, 2018, 4:20 am

The situation is apparently quite dire.

Qantas are turning away numbers of people from the lounge.

The comments section includes reports of Platinums in first class being turned away.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-sing...tm_source=hero
Old Jun 7, 2018, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
From the EK forum:

Originally Posted by Dambus

Recent SIN data point on this: Got turned away from the SIN Qantas lounge at around 6pm with an EK F boarding pass as the lounge was full. Between 4pm and 7pm YMMV.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by levelnine
The situation is apparently quite dire.

Qantas are turning away numbers of people from the lounge.

The comments section includes reports of Platinums in first class being turned away.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-sing...tm_source=hero

To note Platinums on paid first turned away.

In another case a P1 on paid first hassled to leave the reserved area without the staff member first checking their credentials.

Good on AusBT for publishing an article which reflects consumer reality.

Extraordinary that QF has so badly mismatched its lounge strategy and a key international strategy. IMHO a glaring failure in leadership.

Judging by the responses to the AusBT article, QF is losing reputation and business from this mess - there is quite an outpouring of angst.

QF is lucky that most aviation journos are seemingly reluctant to investigate and report on the realities of the consumer experience and how dislocated it be from the brand / service / product promise.
levelnine likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 5:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Isn't the role of an independent aviation journalist to have free travel at Qantas's expense and then write about how wonderful Qantas is
serfty and Isochronous like this.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Isn't the role of an independent aviation journalist to have free travel at Qantas's expense and then write about how wonderful Qantas is
Some of them write such positively gushing stuff just in the hope they will get something (this includes general opinion columnists, especially in Australia). Let's not also forget the airline industry-focussed, non-bank 'analysts' too.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble

One can but wonder how many investigative / penetrating articles an "independent" journo could write before the river of freebies starts to run dry...!
Old Jun 7, 2018, 7:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Platy
One can but wonder how many investigative / penetrating articles an "independent" journo could write before the river of freebies starts to run dry...!
I'll go with ONE
Old Jun 10, 2018, 1:32 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
I can only go by my own experience, have been in SIN lounge twice in May 2018 and both times it was pleasant and while busy not full ... maybe at 90% capacity. Lots of empty single seats scattered about, maybe people have to share tables more So I'd write a fairly gushing report because that was my experience, not because I am beholden to QF. There do seem to be pretty polarized reports (either very good or very bad), and my own experience reality is in between, maybe 8 out of 10 on the lounge scale. I do prefer it over the EK lounge at SIN, so I can see why the EK F pax would try to use the QF lounge instead. By contrast the EK MEL lounge is markedly better than their SIN lounge.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 4:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by number_6
I do prefer it over the EK lounge at SIN, so I can see why the EK F pax would try to use the QF lounge instead.
Obviously your eyesight is much better than mine.

I can only see why EK (or any other) pax would prefer the EK lounge, but YMMV.

And, as a BAEC Gold, I don't see why our BA lounge should be filled with QF castoffs. We should have a similar policy to QF, that is, saying the lounge is full before it really is.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 4:48 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Grace B
And, as a BAEC Gold, I don't see why our BA lounge should be filled with QF castoffs. We should have a similar policy to QF, that is, saying the lounge is full before it really is.
I think may airlines do this worldwide - eg BA, CX, SQ and so on.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 4:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by og
I think may airlines do this worldwide - eg BA, CX, SQ and so on.
Yes, that's fine, but I think that Qantas has created this problem all on its own. Perhaps it should also try and solve it without involving other (possibly) compliant parties.
levelnine likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 7:43 am

I was in there the other night ( 1730-1900 prior to boarding QF36). It got a bit busy, for sure, but far from overcrowded. Seemed like always a few spare seats.
I never bother much with lounge food unless it's before the notorious QF 'supper' flights. But the food here is pretty good: sensible dishes and quite tasty. It's a good concept and well-executed, IMO.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:07 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Yet the QF fanboys who think Alan Joyce is the messiah will tell us that there's nothing wrong with the SIN lounge and the need for a SIN F lounge or any form of expansion was and is unnecessary, despite the more realistic among us predicting that there would be problems.

Rerouting DXB to SIN has massively damaged the QF F experience. What a joke.
levelnine likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.