Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Award and paid traveller travelling together

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2018, 1:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF, KLM, BA

How good are Qantas at keeping passengers together if they're travelling together with one on an award ticket and the other on a paid ticket. This would be from Brisbane to UK and could be on Emirate on a QF ticket. One of the travellers would be 82. My understanding is that they can't formally "link" the bookings, but would they make a note that there are two people travelling together, and if so, are they likely to try and honour those notes.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 5:24 pm

I'm confused is it Emirates operated then Qantas putting a note in the booking will do nothing and Emirates won't even notice them.

Assuming they're on the same flights than just select seats together and hope that nothing happens that requires rebooking or flight changes.

If in the same cabin then check in, boarding etc can be done together.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 1:44 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by henrus
I'm confused is it Emirates operated then Qantas putting a note in the booking will do nothing and Emirates won't even notice them.
I don't think you understand how this works. Check in agents can see notes left on a PNR. In this case, however, I would contact QF to make the note but also contact EK and let them know using the EK PNRs. You could also request mobility assistance as well if necessary.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Check in agents can see notes left on a PNR.
True - but only if they look for them for some reason such as the passenger alerts the agent to the note. There's no flashing light to alert them otherwise. A system automatically doing seating wouldn't pick up on the link.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF, KLM, BA
Thanks. I'll take this into account when deciding how to book.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Forget "notes in a booking"; they are not taken into account or read before seats are assigned.

You need to contact both QF and EK to get a "TCP" placed in all of their PNR's to logically link the travel. This way automated processed should take it into account.

With the scenario, you have four PNR's - 2 for QF and 2 for EK. The two QF bookings need to reference each other (i.e. QF booking 1 --> QF booking 2 & QF Booking 2 --> QF Booking 1) and the same with the EK PNR's.

This still won't stop lazy agents needing to find a seat for another PAX (reasons are not relevant here) and simply moving the seat of a single PAX.
weegraeme likes this.

Last edited by serfty; Apr 19, 2018 at 3:56 pm
Old Apr 19, 2018, 1:10 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by serfty
Forget "notes in a booking"; they are taken into account read before seats are assigned.

You need to contact both QF and EK to get a "TCP" placed in all of their PNR's to logically link the travel. This way automated processed should take it into account.

With the scenario, you have four PNR's - 2 for QF and 2 for EK. The two QF bookings need to reference each other (i.e. QF booking 1 --> QF booking 2 & QF Booking 2 --> QF Booking 1) and the same with the EK PNR's.

This still won't stop lazy agents needing to find a seat for another PAX (reasons are not relevant here) and simply moving the seat of a single PAX.
What does TCP stand for?

I was thinking the passengers could also show up early to check-in so if there is any reshuffling required the agent would have more options than say showing up last and everyone has already been assigned.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
What does TCP stand for?

I was thinking the passengers could also show up early to check-in so if there is any reshuffling required the agent would have more options than say showing up last and everyone has already been assigned.
TCP=To complete party.

Checking in early may help with seat allocations
NZbutterfly and weegraeme like this.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 5:38 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
I've done this a few times recently with revenue bookings for myself and reward bookings for wife and infant daughter travelling on QF/EK/3K and each time we've been seated together but I've called to link bookings and allocate seats.

I've also called Emirates and done the same thing and luckily Qantas Platinum helps with these requests.

​​
weegraeme likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.