Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The new QF35 (MEL - SIN) Route

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2018, 5:11 pm

I flew 35 in J an 36 in F recently. 35 was crowded and as a daytime flight was not loaded with bedding as its not required. Flew in the upper deck.

QF36 Sin-Mel in F was excellent although it is such a short flight one misses out on food and sleep (not QF fault). I was imagining a QF First Class lounge experience in Sin, get there early, relax, dinner in lounge and sleep asap on the flight. Unfortunately now QF has rerouted through Sin the lounge is packed and is not a first class experience which takes out the relax and dine factor. I had planned to sleep only on the flight but by the time the lights are turned out 2 hours are gone already and the flight is landing bfore one has time to consider having breakfast but I was brought an excellent coffee. First class bedding was loaded and the staff quickly made up the beds when asked and it was very comfortable. The only issue I would say is that the beds are so close to the floor that every time a staff member stomps past it feels like you are on a main road so as it turned out I m glad it wasn't a longer flight as it is difficult to sleep with the constant rumble particularly from crew who run down the J stairs and direct to the galley and back again the entire flight (first world problem I know). The crew were outstanding and there was a significant difference in the quality of services provided between F and J flights. First class Kits were handed out - Martin Grant PJ's which make a difference from the grey J class but as always, nothing useful in the kits themselves. Not sure why QF even bother anymore.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 9:43 pm

I did QF35 on 30MAR18 and QF36 on 04APR18 and had two really good flights. Bedding and PJs were available on both flights, however on the 35 I chose just to recline the seat rather than have my bed made up.

The QF35 is the perfect length for a lazy lunch and a movie or two. A full lunch menu was available, with a choice of starters and mains, as well as cheese, dessert etc. Snacks were available as per usual. All in all, it was very much like the service offered on the "old" QF9 DXB-LHR continuation.

The QF36, at roughly 6.5 hours, is a little bit too short for a decent sleep. With an ETD of 2015 (AEST 2215), by the time you're up in the air and have a meal, you're looking at not getting any rest until around 2300 (0100 AEST). Given that the flight has an ETA of 0535 AEST, that's really only 3-3.5hrs sleep at a maximum.

As passengers woke we were offered breakfast, however lights never went on completely until around 10 minutes before ToD. The breakfast offering included granola, bircher muesli or fruit and yoghurt, as well as a Bacon and Egg brioche, some other egg dish I can't remember, and a vegetarian option. I thought that was pretty decent given that it was a fairly rushed service.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 3:35 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Brettmcg
As passengers woke we were offered breakfast, however lights never went on completely until around 10 minutes before ToD. The breakfast offering included granola, bircher muesli or fruit and yoghurt, as well as a Bacon and Egg brioche, some other egg dish I can't remember, and a vegetarian option. I thought that was pretty decent given that it was a fairly rushed service.
From the FT all airline menu thread post

breakfast mains were (1) Egg and bacon brioche roll with caramelised onion, spinach and barbecue sauce, and (2) Smoked salmon with poached egg, kale, quinoa and walnuts

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.