Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Combining Bookings - Gift Card problem

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2018, 7:00 am
Original Poster

I foolishly have ended up in a pickle with Qantas.

I need to book 2 passenger flights for my partner and I. I bought a gift card which I was going to apply to the booking; however when I was buying the gift card I did not understand the terms that I needed to list BOTH passengers, so I just listed one (to me, the Ts & Cs are very vague - but that's a whole other point).

Now I have a gift card with 1 passenger that I can't use, for the booking that I want to book 2 passengers.

Qantas won't help me and simply say it is non-refundable and their system cannot allow adding an extra passenger to the gift card.

My only solution is to do 2x separate bookings , which they can apparently 'link'.

We can buy seats on the outbound flight, but on the return flight (ran by China Eastern) there is no option so I am worried we will be stuck or get separated, due to the separate (but 'linked') bookings?

My only option is to suck it up and book 2 separate tickets. Can anyone forsee issues with having separate bookings that are 'linked'?
Old Mar 23, 2018, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Welcome to FT @dammit666 .

With "linked" bookings, they apply a "To Complete Party" attribute to the bookings, so each is referencing the other.

From there you need to check regularly to make sure seats have note been moved etc.

I would also suggest you buy another single person booking to make the second booking with, so as to avoid the 1.5% credit card fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.