Brisbane Domestic MCT

Old Mar 2, 2018, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Brisbane Domestic MCT

My SYD-CNS flight next month has been cancelled. I have been re-routed through Brisbane with a 40 minute connection time. Can anyone advise me on the domestic-domestic transfer? I will be flying in business class on both flights. Thank you.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:30 pm

Programs: VA Silver, QF FF, Priority Club
I cant see QF rebooking you onto an invalid itinerary. If time not an issue just think of the extra meals and drinks you can consume for the same price and more J time per dollar spent. 😀
Old Mar 3, 2018, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
On a quick skim through the listing, it looks like the MCT is probably 40 minutes. All the usual risks with a connection that's bang on MCT - see the discussion starting at Melbourne MCT.

Is there any more advice that the OP needs? Presumably, the process is: disembark first aircraft, walk to gate for onward flight, board second aircraft.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 2:05 am

Programs: Qantas
It's highly likely you'll board from an adjacent gate. You may even have enough time to visit the Business lounge.

Regards,

Michael.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 2:17 am

Programs: VA Silver, QF FF, Priority Club
Theres a reasonable chance it will be the same aircraft operating the flight in which case youll have no issues. Either way BNE is not like ATL or LHR where the change might be to another terminal. BNE domestic is quite contained.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 7:25 am
Original Poster

I'll be going from 737 to 717 so there is definitely a change of aircraft. I just wanted to hear some anecdotal experience from people who fly through BNE a lot about on time performance and what not.

Originally Posted by Volvo Mike
It's highly likely you'll board from an adjacent gate. You may even have enough time to visit the Business lounge.

Regards,

Michael.
Pretty much what I wanted to hear. Thanks.

Last edited by Pochama; Mar 3, 2018 at 7:30 am
Old Mar 11, 2018, 1:28 am

Programs: QF
It's possible that the departure gate of the BNE/CNS 717 operated flight will be assigned before you depart SYD so you could Google both your SYD/BNE and BNE/CNS flights to find out both your arrival and departure gate. The 717 currently uses gates 16-18 at the QF Satellite (gates 16-21), gate 25 on the main concourse (gates 22-25) or gates 26-32 at the common user satellite.

The worse case scenario would be arriving eg at gate 21 then departing from gate 26. It that were to be the case ask the crew on the SYD/BNE flight if you can get a buggy ride so the Capt can advise ground staff via ACARS message at the same time they advise if WCHRs are required on arrival.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 1:08 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Pochama
I'll be going from 737 to 717 so there is definitely a change of aircraft. I just wanted to hear some anecdotal experience from people who fly through BNE a lot about on time performance and what not..
What timings are you looking at, BNE does get certain hours where things can go pear shaped on a regular basis, usually the connecting aircraft gets affected as well, QF1756 is more often than not 30 mins + late as an example.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 7:13 pm

Programs: QF Platinum
OP if you are worried - I'm sure that QF will move you to the earlier SYD-BNE (which will likely be no more than an hour earlier) and then you will have plenty of time. (Or if there is another option which suits you - ask for that).

FWIW - If I were on my own, I'd do a 40 minute connection at BNE ... but I wouldn't if I were with some of my relatives who get a bit worried about these kind of things.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 6:17 am

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
The worst case scenario between the farthest gates would be no more than a 6 minute walk. Slowly.
In Australia, boarding starts no earlier than 20 minutes before departure. No ID requirements makes boarding a breeze.

You should have time actually to go to the lounge for a coffee!
Old Mar 15, 2018, 9:00 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by shuuy
The worst case scenario between the farthest gates would be no more than a 6 minute walk. Slowly.
In Australia, boarding starts no earlier than 20 minutes before departure.
Indeed, and check in itself (including checked bags) only close 30 mins before departure. Often QF planes will just be arriving at the gate at the time boarding would start for legacy carriers in some parts of the world (eg. QF512->QF521, 35 mins between scheduled arrival and scheduled depart).
Old Mar 23, 2018, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by markis10
What timings are you looking at, BNE does get certain hours where things can go pear shaped on a regular basis, usually the connecting aircraft gets affected as well, QF1756 is more often than not 30 mins + late as an example.
QF 542 (17:30-19:00) and QF 1756 (19:40-22:05). Im booked on an Avios award ticket and there doesnt appear to be any availability without a long BNE layover.

I will be traveling alone without any checked bags.

In the off chance that I miss the flight and they rebook me
on the next day, would I be provided with a hotel room?

Last edited by Pochama; Mar 23, 2018 at 3:11 pm
Old Mar 23, 2018, 3:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Pochama

QF 542 (17:30-19:00) and QF 1756 (19:40-22:05). I’m booked on an Avios award ticket and there doesn’t appear to be any availability without a long BNE layover.

I will be traveling alone without any checked bags.

In the off chance that I miss the flight and they rebook me
on the next day, would I be provided with a hotel room?
You should be fine - it takes little time to get between gates - I have done many short connections in BNE over the years and not misconnected -

In the unlikely event that you misconnect, since this is a single ticketed itinerary, then QF will provide accommodation and will rebook you the next day

That you have no checked bags makes no difference

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.