Wiki Posts
Search

QANTAS lounge in PER

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2018, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
QANTAS lounge in PER

And advice on the QANTAS lounge in Perth? I have a noon flight to BNE and was thinking of doing some work there over a late breakfast (around 10 am). Will there be hot food at that hour?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Have you poked around in the Qantas forum? I can't speak to this lounge but IME Australian lounges are usually well stocked with whatever you want and hot food all the time.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 1:20 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Here, perhaps:

New Domestic Business Lounge for Perth Domestic
Old Feb 28, 2018, 1:21 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Just moving this to the Qantas forum who will be able to advise further.

CWS/Mod Lounges Forum.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Just to report back, there was a hot breakfast available at 10 a.m., with cakes and veggies coming out for mid-morning nibbles around 10:30 a.m.

The bar, however, only opens at noon. This seems puritanical compared to Air Canada's lounges, which I'm more familiar with, where drinks are flowing freely by 11 a.m.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 9:54 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by transportprof
The bar, however, only opens at noon. This seems puritanical compared to Air Canada's lounges, which I'm more familiar with, where drinks are flowing freely by 11 a.m.
Probably a liquor licensing issue.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 11:06 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Think all QF domestic lounges are 12pm.
At the International lounges you can have a champagne (or sparkling depending on the lounge) for breakfast.

(The competition Virgin is 11am btw)

Were you in the Qantas Club or the Business Lounge?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 4:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moa999
Think all QF domestic lounges are 12pm.
At the International lounges you can have a champagne (or sparkling depending on the lounge) for breakfast.

(The competition Virgin is 11am btw)

Were you in the Qantas Club or the Business Lounge?
I was in the Business Lounge, which is supposed to have the nicer food. Perhaps the Qantas Club opens the taps earlier?

Maybe the temperance movement lives on in WA liquor laws?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 4:24 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by transportprof
I was in the Business Lounge, which is supposed to have the nicer food. Perhaps the Qantas Club opens the taps earlier?

Maybe the temperance movement lives on in WA liquor laws?
I am unaware of anything in the Qantas Club lounges which is better than the Business Lounge in the same city. As per others, don’t expect any QC / BL bar to open before 12:00. International lounges are different.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by og

I am unaware of anything in the Qantas Club lounges which is better than the Business Lounge in the same city. As per others, don’t expect any QC / BL bar to open before 12:00. International lounges are different.
With Domestic, domestic laws apply. International lounges are in a sterile area technically in and not in the country, so liquor laws apply differently. Like laws around age and don't serve intoxicated people, but time that come from liquor licenses don't apply.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:15 pm

Programs: QF WP; VA Gold
What is more annoying is the complimentary beverages on board aren't served until almost sunset. I think it is 4pm scheduled departures and later on QLink.

I was on a 2pm flight that was delayed 3 hours and they still wouldn't serve me a beer despite uploading the drinks for the return journey....and yes I understand why and the logistics argument.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 2:51 am

Programs: Qantas
Originally Posted by og

Can confirm the view is better in Qantas Club in Perth.... well it was at least in November when I took a flight there on the 787.

Regards,

Michael

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.