Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QF Domestic lounges - using on arrival.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF Domestic lounges - using on arrival.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2019, 2:34 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by serfty
I've always been able to use the domestic lounges before international *O flights from MEL/SYD/BNE.
QF WP are excepted. I hold no status.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by percysmith
QF WP are excepted. I hold no status.
I have had such access as an SG , but that was nearly 15 years ago.

With no status, I presume no access at T2 either.
Old May 2, 2019, 7:28 am
Ger

Programs: QF
I love all the knowledge on this forum. I’m flying PER - SYD - AKL. As just a mere Qantas Club member can I access the domestic qantas club in Sydney? I was hoping to catch up with a colleague prior to heading over to the international lounge.
Old May 2, 2019, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Ger
I love all the knowledge on this forum. I’m flying PER - SYD - AKL. As just a mere Qantas Club member can I access the domestic qantas club in Sydney? I was hoping to catch up with a colleague prior to heading over to the international lounge.
My experience is yes you will be able to, but my QP experiences are no later than 1996. I was SG 2001-2006 and had no issue doing so.

Since as a WP no issues either.
Ger likes this.
Old May 5, 2019, 4:00 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by Ger
You can provided that SYD-AKL is on QF ... QP access requires that your next departure be a QF or JQ flight number (so it covers codeshares on EK etc. but would exclude flights on NZ for example). By contrast WP benefit is that access to QP is provided even if flying NZ SYD-AKL in your example (or not flying at all).
Old May 5, 2019, 5:51 pm

Programs: QF Plat (Life Gold), SQ PPS
Originally Posted by number_6
By contrast WP benefit is that access to QP is provided even if flying NZ SYD-AKL in your example (or not flying at all).
Incorrect: this "anytime" access was discontinued a very long time ago.
Old May 5, 2019, 7:03 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Originally Posted by whughes3
I think number_6 means after arriving on QF from PER-SYD (as per what the OP is doing), then the OP has access to the Dom Bus Lounge (as a WP) regardless of what airline the SYD-AKL flight is on.

Nothing to do with anytime access, but rather arrivals access.
Old May 6, 2019, 12:44 am

Programs: QF Plat (Life Gold), SQ PPS
Originally Posted by pbl22
I think number_6 means after arriving on QF from PER-SYD (as per what the OP is doing), then the OP has access to the Dom Bus Lounge (as a WP) regardless of what airline the SYD-AKL flight is on.

Nothing to do with anytime access, but rather arrivals access.
Oops, correct: should've gone to Specsavers.
Old May 6, 2019, 3:44 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by whughes3
The anytime access was a great benefit though I think I used it once only, and it was discontinued about 15 years ago. The arrivals lounge usage which replaced it was probably what was intended and seems pretty fair to me. Wish more airlines did that.
Old May 14, 2019, 8:42 am

Programs: AA PPro
OW Emerald flying QF R from DFW to SYD with another ticket on the MEL the same day. The DFW-SYD gets in at 6am and the follow on flight is about 9:30am.
I assume that I would have to process customs in SYD, then get to a domestic terminal for the DFW-MEL connection. Is that correct?
How long would that take to process customs and make a new connection ?
I assume as OW Emerald I would have access to domestic Bus lounge in SYD?, If so, do they have showers?

Advice guidance would be appreciated.
Old May 14, 2019, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
At SYD you clear immigration, collect your checked bags, and clear customs/quarantine.

After exiting to the public greeting area, turn right and head to and beyond the end of the terminal to the QF transfer facility. There you can check-in for the onward SYD-MEL flight and drop your bags. You clear security and then take an airside transfer bus that will basically drop you in the airside departures area of T3.

3˝ hours should be fine to do this. When all the stars aligned, I once did the whole process in about 25 minutes but that can't be relied on. 60-90 minutes is more typical.

And yes, as a OWE you would be have access to the domestic Business lounge (as well as the Qantas Club). Both lounges have showers.
tfizzle and Mwenenzi like this.
Old May 15, 2019, 7:47 am
Ger

Programs: QF
Thanks again for all the info. I had no issues gaining access to the domestic lounge. I will say that on my return journey the transfer from the international to domestic was shocking. Not enough buses on and people everywhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.