Curious online booking situation

Old Feb 19, 18, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AFKL Plat STE+ (LT), OZ Diam+ *G (LT), QF Gold OWS (LTG 80%)
Curious online booking situation

hi all
I was planning a trip from LHR to MCT aiming to fly the EK codeshare to acquire my squids for status renewal.
I found an ok fare on various OTA, but could not manage to replicate the same on the UK QF website.

The only way it works is by paying with point and not by cash.

Does it make any sense that the very own company website do not offer what's available on the online market ?
Old Feb 20, 18, 12:03 am

Programs: Qantas; Virgin Australia; Le Club Accor; Marriott
Hi Mogoy,

I am doing the exact same thing next weekend, booked through AMEX but would have gone through OTA on Momondo etc. Flights to DXB were QF and from DXB were EK codeshare with QF number. One flight was cancelled and swapped out for a Flydubai flight but it was pretty easy to change to another QF coded flight.

i paid cash approx 440.

cheers

Waz
Old Feb 20, 18, 1:28 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by mogoy View Post
Does it make any sense that the very own company website do not offer what's available on the online market ?
To the general public NO. To Qantas yield management and marketing it probably has some benefit .

Many other industry's that sell products or services sell some products or combination of products through some channels and not others and certainly do not sell them all on their own sales channels even to the same purchasers. Airlines are not unique in this strategy.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: