Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Filth in business class cabin

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2018, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum One, NZ*S, Koru, Accor Le Club Plus Platinum, BW Diamond, Marriott GOLD
Filth in business class cabin

I have recently flown in business class from Melbourne to Brisbane. Do you think that the cleanliness as per photos is acceptable? I have contacted about it customer care, but they will most likely your feedback is important to us and take care, meaning nobody cares.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum One, NZ*S, Koru, Accor Le Club Plus Platinum, BW Diamond, Marriott GOLD
The aircraft was looking like that before take off.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 8:49 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
It's not unusual. I'm not saying it's right, but it is definitely not unusual. I have also had to wipe down the tray table multiple times because it wasn't cleaned, and I often wipe down the seat back in front of me, the centre tray etc if it's dirty (I carry Aegean J hand wipes for that very purpose - I never needed to use it that way on Aegean!).

Not just on QF though. I had to change seat on SQ, had dirty seats on CX that appalled the crew, and on BA... that's a pretty regular occurrence even in F.

It's not a justification in any way, I'm just saying it happens too often, and far too often for my liking.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Had some cabins in pretty poor shape on QF and other airlines in the past couple of years, and had written in to Qantas who apparently let the relevant people know.

The hot towel is now dual purpose and put into service to wipe down the various seat surfaces.
LTN Phobia likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 9:17 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by Coathanger
Had some cabins in pretty poor shape on QF and other airlines in the past couple of years, and had written in to Qantas who apparently let the relevant people know.

The hot towel is now dual purpose and put into service to wipe down the various seat surfaces.
+1.
My hot towel process is face, hands, then any part of the plane that others might have dirtied before I sat in my seat (armrests, trays etc). This applies to any airline I'm flying on.
LTN Phobia likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 10:49 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Add greasy windows from a greasy head resting on it. Vile.
LTN Phobia and poopbunny like this.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 11:17 pm

Have some respect.
Seem mostly to be food particles, so that's 'Neil Perry inspired' filth.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
It's not unusual. I'm not saying it's right, but it is definitely not unusual. I have also had to wipe down the tray table multiple times because it wasn't cleaned, and I often wipe down the seat back in front of me, the centre tray etc if it's dirty (I carry Aegean J hand wipes for that very purpose - I never needed to use it that way on Aegean!).

Not just on QF though. I had to change seat on SQ, had dirty seats on CX that appalled the crew, and on BA... that's a pretty regular occurrence even in F.

It's not a justification in any way, I'm just saying it happens too often, and far too often for my liking.
I concur. It happens too often, especially on short-hauls. Also, the cleanliness depends on the originating airports. For example, SFO is pretty bad in this regard. The only airlines that truly rank 5-stars in cleanliness are NH and JL.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 2:36 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Barkinpark
I concur. It happens too often, especially on short-hauls. Also, the cleanliness depends on the originating airports. For example, SFO is pretty bad in this regard. The only airlines that truly rank 5-stars in cleanliness are NH and JL.
JL was a 'clean' one until last month for me. Unfortunately then they had a miserable fail on my last trip. Windows covered in oily head prints.
Yuck. Maybe all carriers around the world are getting worse, not just QF (I didn't use to have problems with QF very often).
Old Feb 6, 2018, 4:19 am

Unfortunately turnaround times are getting shorter and shorter, reducing the time that cleaners can spend on the aircraft. In some cases on QF 4 cleaners have as little as 10 minutes to clean a 737.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 1:29 pm

Greasy windows are my # 1 gripe because it is someone else bodily fluids and very visible.

I also bring a small hand disinfectant (spray).
og likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 12:56 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Disgusting. Send these photos to the media.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.