Take off with Double Status Credits

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2018, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Take off with Double Status Credits

Unsure if this is a targeted offer but received this in my inbox today:

Here's the link to register for the promotion:
https://www.qantas.com/fflyer/dyn/me...dits-global-18

Don't fly much QF so won't make sense for me.

Safe Travels,

James
Old Jan 31, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
perfect been waiting! its on their website also which means likely non targetted... be quick to snap up those j fares

i was thinking wheather or not to fly on cx J for some route to earn Sc but bo need now.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
I didn't get an email, but was successful to register.

This is very very helpful. May push me to fly QF instead of SQ to Europe
Old Jan 31, 2018, 3:46 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Thanks I have been waiting for this offer and been thinking of routings to get me to WP for a prospective family trip to the US while I have that status.
Storyteller likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 6:00 pm

Programs: QF WP (LTG), AA, SPG Gold, IC Plat Amb, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold.
Registered. Let the bookings begin!
Storyteller likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 11:12 pm

Apologies if this this is a stupid question but does this also apply to bookings not made on qantas.com?

I was just poised to make a multi-carrier booking over the next few days which would include BA, CX and QF. Now I've registered for this offer, will I get the double SCs from the QF flights regardless of where I book it?

Travelup for instance.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 11:29 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by crazyegg
Apologies if this this is a stupid question but does this also apply to bookings not made on qantas.com?

I was just poised to make a multi-carrier booking over the next few days which would include BA, CX and QF. Now I've registered for this offer, will I get the double SCs from the QF flights regardless of where I book it?

Travelup for instance.
The T&Cs for this promotion state (edited to highlight the relevant portions):

This offer is valid when you register and make a new eligible flight booking between 12.01am (AEDT) 1 February 2018 and 11.59pm (AEDT) 5 February 2018 and travel between 12 February 2018 and 20 January 2019. An eligible flight for the purpose of this promotion means any Domestic or International Qantas operated flight with a QF flight number on your ticket where Status Credits are normally earned.....Flights can be booked via the Qantas website, a travel agent or Qantas Contact Centres....

So it would seem that you will qualify provided the QF flights are operated by QF and would normally earn Status Credits.

However please take time to read the full T&Cs via the link for the promotion:
https://www.qantas.com/fflyer/dyn/me...dits-global-18
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:54 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
I got it & rebooked some flights, looks like will still come up just a hair short of Gold requal
Storyteller likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: Qantas WP, United Platinum
Gah! I booked a J return flight from SFO-SYD a few weeks back... this would have easily got me to retain WP :
Storyteller likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 3:27 pm

Can anyone please clarify whether the bonus status credits on this particular promotion count towards Platinum One?

The T&Cs exclude bonus status credits counting towards the loyalty bonuses (e.g. 8,000 points per 500 status credits earned):

"Bonus Status Credits earned from this offer do not count towards Loyalty Bonus or Platinum One Loyalty Bonus earn requirements."

But, unless I missed something, don't seem to exclude bonus credits counting towards P1 tier attainment (?).
Storyteller likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 3:30 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Platy
Can anyone please clarify whether the bonus status credits on this particular promotion count towards Platinum One?

The T&Cs exclude bonus status credits counting towards the loyalty bonuses (e.g. 8,000 points per 500 status credits earned):

"Bonus Status Credits earned from this offer do not count towards Loyalty Bonus or Platinum One Loyalty Bonus earn requirements."

But, unless I missed something, don't seem to exclude bonus credits counting towards P1 tier attainment (?).
Yes the bonus SCs count towards status (re)qualification.
Storyteller likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Platy

When one thinks about it, the value of a bonus status credit would be diminished if it did not count towards status levels, including P1.

What they won't count towards are the 4 x 50SC or 8K points Loyalty bonus one can ear per year (unlike last year's promotion) or the really high level p1 loyalty bonus levels.
Storyteller likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Yes the bonus SCs count towards status (re)qualification.
Thanks!
Storyteller likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by serfty
When one thinks about it, the value of a bonus status credit would be diminished if it did not count towards status levels, including P1.

What they won't count towards are the 4 x 50SC or 8K points Loyalty bonus one can ear per year (unlike last year's promotion) or the really high level p1 loyalty bonus levels.
I guess you're right - there's absolute no point in having a status bonus if it doesn't count to status tier qualification (although for some reason I had it in my mind that QF were funny about bonus credits counting specifically to P1 - perhaps too much Malbec on last night's flight!).
Storyteller likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 12:37 am

Programs: QF WP; VA Gold
Good timing Qantas.

Needed to book a couple of BNE-ROK returns for late February. Booking Flex fare as I normally do I can route BNE-MKY-ROK for $263 the same as the direct. So then each return trip will yield me 180 SCs. A good bonus compared to the usual $40 and only a couple of extra hour s of my time.
Storyteller likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.