Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Take off with Double Status Credits

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2018, 9:47 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Originally Posted by APUBleed
I've heard people say it's attached to the initial PNR so if that remains the same and the travel is within the eligible period then the double DC should still apply (at least based on historical examples). Still, it would be good to get some official word on this.
This is what happened for me (ie changed flights but still got bonus).

The thing that I got caught on is it has to be QF flights on QF metal. So QF1 gets double-status, but the QF8413 etc don't.
Oh, and last year I crossed 5,000 SC but didn't get the bonus because some of my total was from last year's promo...
Old Feb 7, 2018, 2:23 am

Programs: Qantas PlatinumOne (OneWorld Emerald)
It's got the potential to give some pretty strange outcomes; eg, I've been able to make quite a lot of bookings in the Double SC promotion, and I'm probably going to hit the 3600 to retain PlatinumOne but NOT hit the 2400 for the Platinum Bonus Award.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 1:50 am

Programs: QF WP; VA Gold
I rely think the concept of having sub classes of SCs makes things far too confusing and for little benefit of QF and a high annoyance of members.

If I have my head around this correctly, Loyalty Bonus and the Platinum Bonus are gained from SCs earned from flying where as status qualification uses the SCs from flying, from the loyalty bonus, the double SC promo and other third party promos.

This departs from my understanding of the of the original concept of SCs which was to reward members for flying and flying on more expensive tickets rather than provide benefits for simply earning points which it is easy to do when you are not on a plane.

Is there a purpose for making this sub class of SCs rather than revert to giving away pints rather than SCs?
Old Feb 8, 2018, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by mikalee
Is there a purpose for making this sub class of SCs rather than revert to giving away pints rather than SCs?
Isn't it to make QFFF Simpler and Fairer?
Old Feb 8, 2018, 6:10 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Isn't it to make QFFF Simpler and Fairer?
fair? depends. program is open to a lot of arbitage opportunities when these promotion etc comes. it is easy to qualify for QP with a complex itineries a lot cheaper than regular joe running for silver on syd mel shuttles...
Old Feb 10, 2018, 5:49 am

Programs: Qantas
Last Leg Change - should I do it now or defer?

I signed up for this double status credits program and is currently Qantas FF Platinum. Owing to the cycle of company cost reduction, my flights this cycle (17/18) is much lower than usual and light on Status Credits; I have a multi hop flight coming up (Business) and mostly QF that was booked during the qualifying period.

PERTH-SYDNEY-DALLAS-HOUSTON (Bush)
I then have HOUSTON - SANTIAGO
then SANTIAGO SYDNEY PERTH

However, I am now likely to change my last leg (Santiago - Perth) to be Santiago, Las Vegas, Last Vegas -Perth because of another work commitment

Should I do the change now, or after I started the flight segments (the price is roughly the same and plenty of availability)
I am nervous they may re-issue most of the ticket which means I lose the original eligibility.

Old Feb 11, 2018, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Welcome to FT

I would suggest that as long as the PNR (booking reference) does not change you should be ok. Note that only QF flight numbers on QF metal qualify for this promotion, so the HOU flights will not count.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 12:56 am

How long does it take for the bonus SCs to post on the account from past experience. I have taken three flights with this promo; Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday just gone. The flights of course post within about half a day but no sign of the bonus SCs and they will push me up into WP.

Whats peoples previous experience with this
Old Feb 17, 2018, 1:33 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Originally Posted by mikalee
How long does it take for the bonus SCs to post on the account from past experience. I have taken three flights with this promo; Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday just gone. The flights of course post within about half a day but no sign of the bonus SCs and they will push me up into WP.

Whats peoples previous experience with this
for last year points posted about the same time as.flight.credit if not few days later
Old Feb 17, 2018, 3:48 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by fakecd
for last year points posted about the same time as.flight.credit if not few days later
+1. Last years promo double SCs took between 1 and 4 days to appear.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
My 2017 'booked' DSC flights flown over the last 4 weeks all had the bonus credit three days after the normal ones posted.

Last edited by serfty; Feb 18, 2018 at 10:21 pm
Old Feb 18, 2018, 3:55 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One, NZ*S, Koru, Accor Le Club Plus Platinum, BW Diamond, Marriott GOLD
Has any of you had any luck with the current promo and got their points posted already? The frequent flyer team seams to be pretty convinced that it will take 6 -8 weeks. I consider that a bit outrageous, the status credits should have been posted automatically
Old Feb 18, 2018, 10:03 pm

Programs: Qantas PlatinumOne (OneWorld Emerald)
Originally Posted by Jacek_C
Has any of you had any luck with the current promo and got their points posted already? The frequent flyer team seams to be pretty convinced that it will take 6 -8 weeks. I consider that a bit outrageous, the status credits should have been posted automatically
I've not had any post yet, but last time it took at least a couple of weeks after the launch of the promo before any of my bonus points posted - but then all the flights that I'd taken in that couple of weeks came through in a very short period of time. And from that point onwards, like previous posters have said, the bonus amount credited within a couple of days of the primary amount.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by Jacek_C
Still waiting. Has been a week now.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 11:21 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One, NZ*S, Koru, Accor Le Club Plus Platinum, BW Diamond, Marriott GOLD

My status credits have just been posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.