Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas utterly hopeless at crediting JQ flight points

Qantas utterly hopeless at crediting JQ flight points

Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by Platy
QF publish a 14 day target for reposting refunded points.

Last time I got action by doing the following:
  1. Requested a chat session using the chat function
  2. Initially requested information on the target for refunding points
  3. If the agent is any good they will give you a link to the relevant web page on the QF web site
  4. You can then turn the discussion to your situation and point out that this target is breached and you expect and require a rapid resolution
  5. If the agent is any good they will realise this requires escalation and corrective action

This worked when ringing agents on the so-called premium line failed to get action.
Thanks, yes good advice, as is the suggestion to use the resolution service.
My points were refunded 4 months after the cancellation. Still waiting for the taxes/fees. On the latter, Qantas suggested it was my fault because the CC with which Id paid had now expired and so a refund couldnt be made. They didnt respond when I pointed out that the card expired 3.5 months after the cancellation.
On Jetstar: one wonders where the fault/glitch is. Experience would suggest Jetstar is at fault for the slow crediting, but its beyond bizarre that Qantas doesnt recognise that theyre peeing people off over this issue.

Old Sep 27, 2018, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by paolo64
it’s beyond bizarre that Qantas doesn’t recognise that they’re peeing people off over this issue.
I respectfully disagree.

IMHO QF cares not whether it pisses its customers off.

Management are deaf to feedback from the coalface - many cabin staff have told me that their feedback is met with indifference.

AFAIK the QF feedback / market research systems are not sampling lost customers.

It's all part of a culture of arrogance from the top down.

I've seen the current CEO in the airport terminal and he made no effort to interact with his staff or customers. On the other hand I've seen James Strong keenly converse with cabin crew after service.

Seriously, if QF gave a rat's buttocks it wouldn't have such ridiculously long wait times for its customers to endure...

Perhaps the presumption is that there'll always be another new mug customer, so if you lose business it doesn't matter a jot.

I didn't fly with QF for 3 months when I was P1: you'd think that would be a flag to make contact, surely - but no! Even Coles Online just contacted me to see if all was Ok after break using their service...
nancypants likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 3:15 am

Programs: QF Plat, KL Plat, TK Gold, WY Gold, Bonvoy Tit
Why do JQ flights never credit?

Bit of a QF newbie, (though I did hit Platinum in my first 6 months).

Have taken 4 JQ flights so far and none of them have credited without a retro-claim. They were all on valid fare classes (Plus and even Max) - but every single flight has fallen through the gaps.

Is there any trick to getting flights recognised properly in the booking process? I've noticed when i put my QF number into the JQ booking engine it conflates my submission with a desire to pay with miles - perhaps I'm entering my membership number at the wrong point?

g'day from MEL F Lounge!
Old Oct 28, 2018, 4:34 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
The system here is appalling. If you don't chase it, it takes 4-8 weeks.

If you do chase it, it takes 4-8 weeks.

How long did you wait before logging a claim?
nancypants likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 6:35 am

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
It’s a gong show, it took 4 months to credit 3 jet star legs and 2 Qatar legs

wait , fill out the form , wait , call ( wait on hold ) , wait and then just wait
nancypants likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 6:36 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by EFATO
g'day from MEL F Lounge!
Perhaps you could threaten to not leave the MEL Flounge until the points appear (BYO bed). Feeding you for the 4-8 weeks might prove more expensive for QF than the points are worth.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 1:01 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
[mod hat] Mergin into the existing thread [/mod hat]
Old Oct 28, 2018, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by og

Perhaps you could threaten to not leave the MEL Flounge until the points appear (BYO bed). Feeding you for the 4-8 weeks might prove more expensive for QF than the points are worth.

Ah but the points cost QF absolutely nothing if they never bother to honour crediting them into the customer's account.

If the sample herein is anything to go by QF have a nice title racket going on here - don't credit the points until customers notice they never received them and even then give the custom the run around.

This isn't just gross incompetence, it is unethical business practice, since QF knows full well there is a problem they haven't fixed.
nancypants likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 11:08 pm

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
3 months I'm still waiting for RJ points and SC.

Used the on-line form and emailed scans of the BP's 3 times....
Old Oct 29, 2018, 1:45 am

Wow. I have taken 5 3K flts within the last 1 month and none of them credited yet. Some posts say 6-8 weeks without a ticket through the online form. I probably will wait for another month then fill up the form. So anyone else have their points credit without any manual intervention?
Old Oct 29, 2018, 1:55 am
Suspended

had similar issue with Fiji Airways flights. Qantas owns approx 46% of Fiji Airways & we flew them from BNE to SFO & back LAX/BNE. Did the claim thru Qantas website, but kept on saying no such flights, so emailed Qantas direct & eventually after 3 or 4 back & forth the flights got credited for everyone.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 2:02 am

My CX flt was credited like the next day. I wonder why QF subsidiaries have such issues. Weird. Now I lack the 4 QF/3K sectors for any OW status :/
shillard likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 2:27 am
Suspended

Fiji Airways is not a subsidiary (46% ownership means a minority shareholder - don't think Qantas gets much say)
Old Oct 29, 2018, 9:12 pm

3k flts credited!

They are not exactly hopeless! My 3k SIN-KUL is credited one month after the flt. No intervention needed

Old Oct 29, 2018, 11:05 pm

Programs: Qantas
Originally Posted by southpac
Fiji Airways is not a subsidiary (46% ownership means a minority shareholder - don't think Qantas gets much say)
Well, not any more. But they are entitled to hold 46% of board positions.

In 2012, Qantas withdrew its four board representatives after the military-controlled government, which has a 51 per cent stake in the airline then named Air Pacific, made clear its intention to take absolute control

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.