Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas utterly hopeless at crediting JQ flight points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas utterly hopeless at crediting JQ flight points

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2018, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by paolo64
It’s taking longer and longer for JQ flights to credit. My last was July 18th, still nothing. Also, it has taken Qantas more than 3 months to refund points and taxes for a cancelled points ticket ( QF J). I’ve called twice and emailed twice, but nothing. Qantas is fine when things go well, and it’s an enjoyable experience.... but the service is rock-bottom when a problem happens, far worse than my other airline choices.

QF publish a 14 day target for reposting refunded points.

Last time I got action by doing the following:
  1. Requested a chat session using the chat function
  2. Initially requested information on the target for refunding points
  3. If the agent is any good they will give you a link to the relevant web page on the QF web site
  4. You can then turn the discussion to your situation and point out that this target is breached and you expect and require a rapid resolution
  5. If the agent is any good they will realise this requires escalation and corrective action

This worked when ringing agents on the so-called premium line failed to get action.
Bundy Bear, nancypants and paolo64 like this.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
The membership year doesn't end until end of September

status should be available from the time the flights post - as long as it posts by end of membership year, the member will still get a full year's membership

Yes, but, the customer is shafted if:

- they have taken sufficient flights to rise to the next level (e.g. Gold to Platinum), but those flight SCs post late
- they have taken taken sufficient flights to maintain level, but flights do not post before anniversary assessment date
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 9:09 pm

Programs: QF
Yes taking 2 months to credit is ridiculous, the slowest of all partner airlines to credit points is part of the Qantas group. It never used to be this long, it would be good if Qantas were able to provide some info as to what is taking so long.
shillard and nancypants like this.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:49 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by Platy
QF publish a 14 day target for reposting refunded points.

Last time I got action by doing the following:
  1. Requested a chat session using the chat function
  2. Initially requested information on the target for refunding points
  3. If the agent is any good they will give you a link to the relevant web page on the QF web site
  4. You can then turn the discussion to your situation and point out that this target is breached and you expect and require a rapid resolution
  5. If the agent is any good they will realise this requires escalation and corrective action

This worked when ringing agents on the so-called premium line failed to get action.
i’ll give this a crack when I have a moment although my record with getting chat agents who are any good is hovering around the 0% mark!
Platy likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 7:07 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Platy
Yes, but, the customer is shafted if:

- they have taken sufficient flights to rise to the next level (e.g. Gold to Platinum), but those flight SCs post late
- they have taken taken sufficient flights to maintain level, but flights do not post before anniversary assessment date
Exactly my point / issue in posting#52 above.
Platy likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:28 am

Standard useless email response

Edit- obscured staff member name in email

Last edited by nancypants; Aug 28, 2018 at 6:35 am
Old Aug 29, 2018, 5:25 am

Programs: Qantas
Jetstar flights now take 6-8 weeks to credit on Qantas. This is the new normal. However, it's reasonably consistent, so there's that.

You're wasting your time with a missing points claim - they won't come any earlier.
Revenge and nancypants like this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by Justin Thomas
Jetstar flights now take 6-8 weeks to credit on Qantas. This is the new normal. However, it's reasonably consistent, so there's that.

You're wasting your time with a missing points claim - they won't come any earlier.
points just starting to trickle through today- 24-26 days after flights flown

actually significantly better than I was expecting!
Old Aug 30, 2018, 11:19 pm

Also always have to file missing points claim myself.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:00 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jrfsp320
Yes taking 2 months to credit is ridiculous, the slowest of all partner airlines to credit points is part of the Qantas group. It never used to be this long, it would be good if Qantas were able to provide some info as to what is taking so long.
Not so long ago I asked someone that may know something about this. The reply was just that jetstar is QFFs most difficult partner to deal with.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 12:12 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by perthite
Not so long ago I asked someone that may know something about this. The reply was just that jetstar is QFFs most difficult partner to deal with.
And who would have thought that QF and JetStar have a common commander - the CEO (AJ). They’re all part of the one happy family when IOC sorts out IRROPS (or so the spin goes), so perhaps this FF points/ SC mess can be handled by IOC?
Old Sep 23, 2018, 6:43 pm

Programs: QF
Latest credits: nearly 2 monthsSat 22 Sep 2018JQ 0949 ECONOMY/ 29-JUL-2018 CAIRNS/MELBOURNE -Thu 20 Sep 2018JQ 0944 ECONOMY/ 27-JUL-2018 MELBOURNE/CAIRNS -
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 2:50 am

Must say my final 2 flights (JQ825 BNE-SYD 9/8/18 and JQ739 MEL-LST 17/8/18) both credited on the 18th September which was significantly faster than I was expecting, backdated the higher rate of miles for a QF DRW-CNS I did in September as well, due to status being increased as a result of those 2 flights crediting

of course small harrumph at there being no way to backdate a lounge visit or extra baggage allowance but I suppose you can’t have it all

mental note to do any status critical JQ flying in the first 10 months of status year only
Old Sep 24, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by nancypants
mental note to do any status critical JQ flying in the first 10 months of status year only
I agree. I was planning some JQ flights for my Gold status in my last status month (I need these for the four QF flights to qualify for Gold) but quickly abandoned that idea when I read this thread.
Revenge and nancypants like this.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 7:09 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
LOL:Sun 23 Sep 2018JQ 0480 ECONOMY/ 30-JUL-2018 NEWCASTLE/BRISBANE -80010

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.