Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Deteriorating food and drinks Qantas Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Deteriorating food and drinks Qantas Business

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2018, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by whughes3
A little common sense also wouldn't go astray. here. there are only a total of 4 still winas served on QF (and on most airlines I have encountered) so does 4 champagnes sound at all plausible?
It's very poorly worded though. It should really begin "today's menu features either". If English wasn't your native language, I could see where the confusion comes in. Commonsense, as you say, would suggest it's unlikely they're carrying four of any wine type.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum One, NZ*S, Koru, Accor Le Club Plus Platinum, BW Diamond, Marriott GOLD
Originally Posted by whughes3
A little common sense also wouldn't go astray. here. there are only a total of 4 still winas served on QF (and on most airlines I have encountered) so does 4 champagnes sound at all plausible?
Well, when I think about it, it looks that I am an idiot. However, why they list 4 if they only serve the specific one? I have flown on trans-Tasman multiple times and I have never encountered for instance Taittinger.

I have obviously missed a small “or”. In my opinion that’s a marketing trick anyway. To show more, even it’s no choice really.

I am not too sure how trans-Tasman business differs from American Airlines or United domestic First class. More less the same seats, maybe slightly better food, but the difference in price huge as QF J costs 2-3-4 times more than a sale fare.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum One, NZ*S, Koru, Accor Le Club Plus Platinum, BW Diamond, Marriott GOLD
Originally Posted by bensyd
I've never noticed that, quite the opposite actually. QF seem to start their breakfast service hours away from landing. Any other carrier that QF would compare themselves to has no problem slinging out a hot breakfast with 50 minutes or so to land. And all without a breakfast card in sight.
with all fairness on my unlucky HK flight their work me up 50 minutes till departure.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by AustralianPoochie
Get used to it, as in a few weeks, our BNE - AKL choices with OW is only Jetconnect (QNZ) by QF.
And in relation to "OW" that has basically been the case for a decade.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jacek_C

with all fairness on my unlucky HK flight their work me up 50 minutes till departure.
To give you a stale brioche.

Other airlines will manage to give you a hot breakfast in the same time period.
Cedar Jet likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

To give you a stale brioche.

Other airlines will manage to give you a hot breakfast in the same time period.
i know. So disappointing! Air New Zealand has a very good business class product in my opinion. I flew with them from PVG to AKL on Dreamliner. It was 1-1-1, nice food, good service, nice cabin lighting.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 1:42 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I've never noticed that, quite the opposite actually. QF seem to start their breakfast service hours away from landing. Any other carrier that QF would compare themselves to has no problem slinging out a hot breakfast with 50 minutes or so to land. And all without a breakfast card in sight.
Sure QF starts brekkie early, but without the pre-ordering I expect they would start even sooner to take the meal orders.

Originally Posted by Jacek_C
Well, when I think about it, it looks that I am an idiot. However, why they list 4 if they only serve the specific one? I have flown on trans-Tasman multiple times and I have never encountered for instance Taittinger.
It saves on printing costs. The menus last for several months, and during that period the champagne does vary across the selection. FWIW I have had Taittinger trans-Tasman, although it seems to be very rare.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 9:24 am

Yes, j class food is sub par

A first world problem but completely correct. They can sling you a meal or snack on Sydney/Canberra or Melbourne flights so they could certainly sped up the service on the night flights if they wanted to. I recently did several flights to and from Us and have found there is almost nothing to eat in J. Time to forget the Neil Perry inspired nonsense and revert to servicing and feeding passengers food that they actually want to eat in reasonable timeframes
Cedar Jet likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by janeblogs
A first world problem but completely correct. They can sling you a meal or snack on Sydney/Canberra or Melbourne flights so they could certainly sped up the service on the night flights if they wanted to. I recently did several flights to and from Us and have found there is almost nothing to eat in J. Time to forget the Neil Perry inspired nonsense and revert to servicing and feeding passengers food that they actually want to eat in reasonable timeframes
The worst is that we all know how it works. Someone has got a bonus for this amazing improvement and cut costing. On top of it “we listened”, so it’s just what we want. Nobody has used a common sense though. I don’t think anything would change. The first class service is just slightly better than the normal business class service should look like. I feel sorry for the flight attendants because they certainly see that the catering has deteriorated and they get a bad look on daily basis and this is not their fault at all. What we can do is to be vocal about it, but it’s not easy to increase costs in the area where they were cut as an amazing customer focused improvement.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Sure QF starts brekkie early, but without the pre-ordering I expect they would start even sooner to take the meal orders.
Or they could just fix the process so they're like every other decent airline. It's not like they're serving soufflé.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 4:36 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
Qf642 per syd 0945

Would anyone know if on QF642 PER SYD departing PER at 0945, would QF serve breakfast or lunch in J.

TIA
Old Jan 17, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Originally Posted by roadwarriorafrica
Would anyone know if on QF642 PER SYD departing PER at 0945, would QF serve breakfast or lunch in J.

TIA
The timetable lists lunch.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
Originally Posted by VH-RMD
The timetable lists lunch.
Thanks. Now I know where to look
Old Jan 17, 2018, 6:41 pm

Programs: Privilege club platinium,GHA hotels black
Flew out on QF111 PER-AKL on 11th Dec no problems great service in J class, on return leg QF112 18th Dec the flight wasn't even catered for in J class no wine list no amenity kits no pj's no main meals all I received was 3prawns on about 4 lettuce leaves and a small cheese platter on a saucer.
Very embarrassing watching front line staff trying to make excuses for lack of service to fellow travellers for an issue that was completely out of their control, was told by CSM on board to voice my concern via QF website,guess WHAT!!
SILL WAITING for a reply
Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Srilankankiwi
Very embarrassing watching front line staff trying to make excuses for lack of service to fellow travellers for an issue that was completely out of their control, was told by CSM on board to voice my concern via QF website,guess WHAT!!
SILL WAITING for a reply
“Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Our industry is driven on the experience you have traveling so it is disappointing for me to learn about what happened on your flight to Auckland. Please accept my apologies that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

Customer feedback plays an important role in our continuous improvement process and your personal experience will help us identify ways we can improve.

I appreciate you highlighting your concerns regarding the meal and I would like to assure you that your comments have been forwarded to the catering management team to be included in their future review.

Thank you again and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you aboard Qantas again soon”

That would be the reply. Guaranteed!

and that will be the reply if you decide to follow-up:

”We really appreciate your time to contact Customer Care and we are grateful for your feedback you have provided.

I am disappointed that you are still dissatisfied with our response of the issues you raised.

I have reviewed your file and my response with my Manager. Having considered all the circumstances carefully, we feel that the action we took was appropriate on this occasion. While I appreciate you may be disappointed by this, regrettably there will be no further action.”

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.