Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Melbourne Qantas F Lounge on INTL=>Domestic connection

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Melbourne Qantas F Lounge on INTL=>Domestic connection

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2018, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Yes, you have F lounge access. Oneworld connecting rules specifically provide for this situation, that is, arriving long haul and connecting to short haul, the class of travel on the long haul determines your lounge eligibility.
Great, that’s what I was hoping. Thanks for the response!
Old Jun 14, 2018, 4:27 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
If you are in business class you'll have access to business class lounges at all stages. If you are flying economy AKL-MEL, connecting in MEL to biz class, you should also have lounge access in AKL by virtue of the long haul connecting flight (assuming you are on the QF 9 MEL-LHR).
I'm AA EXP and would be flying business on all legs. My question is if the MEL-LHR flight is considered domestic; therefore, no F lounge due to the stop in PER.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 4:43 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by skunker
I'm AA EXP and would be flying business on all legs. My question is if the MEL-LHR flight is considered domestic; therefore, no F lounge due to the stop in PER.
QF9 is international and operates from MEL T2 (the International Terminal). It carries domestic pax and international pax. Pax eligible for lounge access can use the J or F lounge.

skunker likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 5:04 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rbw5t
Hi experts -- my situation is a little different from the OP's, but this was the closest thread I could find...

I'm arriving at Mel on my way to AKL, doing LAX-MEL-AKL. We're in first on the long leg from LAX-MEL (yay!), but then in business from MEL-AKL. Since the MEL-AKL is still international, will we be able to use the F lounge in MEL? Thanks for any insight!
Hi there - I've got the same routing. Can you share your experience with F lounge access at MEL connecting to AKL? I tweeted Qantas to confirm access and they said I would *not* since it's based on the cabin of the onward flight (contradicting OW rules). Thanks!
Old Sep 26, 2018, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by 54austin
Hi there - I've got the same routing. Can you share your experience with F lounge access at MEL connecting to AKL? I tweeted Qantas to confirm access and they said I would *not* since it's based on the cabin of the onward flight (contradicting OW rules). Thanks!
You'll have access to the F lounge based on OW rules (provided it's same day etc etc)

As to the response, it's likely QF social media doesn't have a detialed knowledge of airport operations or OW rules.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 4:22 am

Programs: QF
As to the response, it's likely QF social media doesn't have a detialed knowledge of airport operations or OW rules.
I don't think they have any knowledge or either TBH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.