Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Non existent "service" from Qantas helpdesk

Old Dec 18, 17, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Singapore, Qantas

I called the Qantas frequent flyer number to enquire about some missing points and left my details for a call back.
The call back came, I was asked the required security questions and once identified, explained the reason for the call. The gent I was dealing with felt it was not his area of expertise and forwarded me to a colleague.

I was then told I needed to be identified. I explained I had already gone through the process with the first officer who put me through, that it was a waste of time but having raised my reluctance I would submit . I also said I hoped the call was being recorded so the quality control reviewers would take my comments on board and streamline procedures. At this point the Qantas officer terminate the call.

Whilst I made my point firmly, at no time was I rude to the officer.

At a time when Qantas is having to compete with both Asian and Middle Eastern Carriers for business they should lift their game when it comes to service .
Old Dec 18, 17, 2:57 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
So you’re cranky that you had to verify your identity to each person you spoke with? When I’ve done this, it takes only a few seconds. What’s the problem? Sounds like you were having a bad day!
Old Dec 18, 17, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by Jaded11 View Post
I called the Qantas frequent flyer number to enquire about some missing points and left my details for a call back.
The call back came, I was asked the required security questions and once identified, explained the reason for the call. The gent I was dealing with felt it was not his area of expertise and forwarded me to a colleague.

I was then told I needed to be identified. I explained I had already gone through the process with the first officer who put me through, that it was a waste of time but having raised my reluctance I would submit . I also said I hoped the call was being recorded so the quality control reviewers would take my comments on board and streamline procedures. At this point the Qantas officer terminate the call.

Whilst I made my point firmly, at no time was I rude to the officer.

At a time when Qantas is having to compete with both Asian and Middle Eastern Carriers for business they should lift their game when it comes to service .
I would've terminated the call, too.
Old Dec 18, 17, 4:00 pm

Programs: QFWP/LTG, VAWP, NZ*G, OZD, NH*G, Marriott Plat, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
This happens very frequently, with banks, other airlines, etc. Yes, it is always frustrating, but hardly confined to Qantas. I almost get a positive feel-good when a transfer happens and I don't have to go through the security rigmarole again.
Old Dec 18, 17, 7:38 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by theddo View Post
I would've terminated the call, too.
+1
Originally Posted by pbl22 View Post
This happens very frequently, with banks, other airlines, etc. Yes, it is always frustrating, but hardly confined to Qantas. I almost get a positive feel-good when a transfer happens and I don't have to go through the security rigmarole again.
+1

@Jaded11, get real... You were probably transferred from one department to another one, so there was no record of you being identified and the agent was doing his/her job properly. Instead of being cranky you should be happy... And if you think grass is greener at SQ or middle east carriers, be prepared for a very rude awakening...