Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Amex Qantas Ultimate - Qantas Travel Credit - SCs??

Old Dec 16, 2017, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFF WP

Hi all,

Have the Qantas American Express Ultimate Card and am looking forward to using the $450 travel credit for a QF flight.

Looking at the Ts and Cs I came across this:

Q: Do I earn Qantas Points when I redeem my Qantas Travel Credit?

Your booking and travel will accrue Qantas Points in the usual way, except for the $450 Qantas Travel Credit portion of your booking which will not earn Qantas Points.

What does this mean??? SCs as well as points? How do they even calculate that?

Anyone had experience with this yet?
Old Dec 16, 2017, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by grinna
Hi all,

Have the Qantas American Express Ultimate Card and am looking forward to using the $450 travel credit for a QF flight.

Looking at the Ts and Cs I came across this:

Q: Do I earn Qantas Points when I redeem my Qantas Travel Credit?

Your booking and travel will accrue Qantas Points in the usual way, except for the $450 Qantas Travel Credit portion of your booking which will not earn Qantas Points.

What does this mean??? SCs as well as points? How do they even calculate that?

Anyone had experience with this yet?
It *sounds like* the $450 payment itself won't earn any points... as distinct from you putting the whole fare/itinerary on your Amex card which would earn points in and of its own, separate from points accrued from your actual travel.

So if your travel was $1000, less the voucher, you'd only earn AMEX points on $550. You'd then accrue points/SCs for the flight itself.

But that's just my interpretation.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFF WP
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
It *sounds like* the $450 payment itself won't earn any points... as distinct from you putting the whole fare/itinerary on your Amex card which would earn points in and of its own, separate from points accrued from your actual travel.

So if your travel was $1000, less the voucher, you'd only earn AMEX points on $550. You'd then accrue points/SCs for the flight itself.

But that's just my interpretation.
That would make a lot of sense - I'd just been thinking about points accrued from actual travel, which I couldn't see being split up based on payment.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 8:28 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum
Hi,

I recently used the $450 travel credit on my Amex Qantas Ultimate card to book discount economy flights from Melbourne to Adelaide and return. Total cost of the flights was aprox $300. No Qantas FF points were earned from Amex, but I did earn Qantas FF points and SC's in the normal way from the actual flights. From memory, I was booked in Q class so i earned 800 FF points and 10 SC's for each flight.

Hope this helps.

Becky

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.