Wiki Posts
Search

LAX to MEL inaugural 787 event

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2017, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas WP, United Platinum
LAX to MEL inaugural 787 event

I was lucky enough to be invited to the launch event for the new 787 route from LAX to MEL yesterday. It was held at the fairly new Q engineering hanger in LA, so I did a quick flight down from SFO for the day.

Was as incredible to see the 787 in this massive hanger, let alone having the opportunity to get a guided tour through the aircraft. Very keen to actually try the business class seats in a flight one of these days.

Have added some some photos here: https://flickr.com/photos/44821200@N00/sets/72157663707804178

I also made good use of the LAX F lounge before and after the event for lunch and dinner. As expected no one was there during the day, I was maybe 1 of 5, so very relaxing I have to say, while the food and service are great, I think I enjoy the spread of food options in the business lounge a little better (for a vegetarian anyway. )
SW7London and minz56 like this.

Last edited by pwacher; Dec 16, 2017 at 11:22 am
Old Dec 16, 2017, 5:08 pm

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by pwacher
I also made good use of the LAX F lounge before and after the event for lunch and dinner. As expected no one was there during the day, I was maybe 1 of 5, so very relaxing
I was in the LAX F lounge twice in mid Oct around lunch time before flights to SFO and SEA. About 10 people in the lounge each time. CX and JL pax mostly. Haven't been in the J lounge since the lounges reopened after the TBIT rebuild.

Maybe you can get a J seat on a SFO-MEL flight late next year.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 5:20 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Himeno
I was in the LAX F lounge twice in mid Oct around lunch time before flights to SFO and SEA. About 10 people in the lounge each time. CX and JL pax mostly. Haven't been in the J lounge since the lounges reopened after the TBIT rebuild..
What an amazing contrast to the "standing room only" situation before the evening QF flights to BNE, SYD and MEL especially on Friday nights. As for the LAX J lounge, I've only been there when the F lounge desk staff were not interested in helping us get BPs for our QF 12 flight some months ago. It was a really poor show of indifference and avoiding doing anything to help when we really needed some action.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.