Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QF London Lounge - Opened November 2017 (Master Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF London Lounge - Opened November 2017 (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2019, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by kaka
i personally do not think CX has as decent offerings tho...
well then QF must be worst. Imo CX is the best lounge in LHR t3
Old Apr 4, 2019, 3:30 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Is the squid available all day?
Old May 19, 2019, 1:23 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Apart from the CX F Area, I'd say that the Qantas Lounge is superior to the CX F Lounge. When the CX lounges get crowded, it gets really crowded and even rather stuffy. The Qantas Lounge, being much brighter doesn't exude the same feeling. And the brilliant bar and sit down menu is definitely a plus on QF's side.

Love QF!
Old May 21, 2019, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by clubeurope
Apart from the CX F Area, I'd say that the Qantas Lounge is superior to the CX F Lounge. When the CX lounges get crowded, it gets really crowded and even rather stuffy. The Qantas Lounge, being much brighter doesn't exude the same feeling. And the brilliant bar and sit down menu is definitely a plus on QF's side.

Love QF!
I disagree, the QF lounge can also get super busy. People were very sprawled out in the QF lounge, so on my initial visit there wasn't anywhere to sit(it was much quieter 90 minutes later) For me the only minus point of the CX lounge was how warm it was( perhaps due to the amount of windows).

Both lounges are really nice , with super nice staff and are way way better than the BA lounge offerings.
Old May 27, 2019, 5:42 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
Is the squid available all day?
No - not in my experience.

Was first there around the end of March biding my time for an AY flight around 17:30. There were only salads and cold-cuts available with staff assuring that the hot food resumed at 18:00.

Regards,

BD
Old May 31, 2019, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by BD1959
No - not in my experience.

Was first there around the end of March biding my time for an AY flight around 17:30. There were only salads and cold-cuts available with staff assuring that the hot food resumed at 18:00.

Regards,

BD
Hi, thanks for the response. I visited myself in may and you are spot on. Though they did have some small jacket pots and maybe some chilli con carne as well. The offerings in the nearby Cathay lounge were more than sufficient.

Incidentally, The Qantas lounge ( as with other lounges in Hong Kong and Singapore ) does get extremely busy. Especially if there are a bank of one world flights and a few Quantas flights departing within the next 2 hours. Great lounge though.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 4:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Why would anyone with OWE status bother with the QF lounge? It's typically Qantas. I much prefer the BA F lounge, or even the CX lounge.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 7:17 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Grace B
Why would anyone with OWE status bother with the QF lounge? It's typically Qantas. I much prefer the BA F lounge
Cocktails, better food options (although arguably only if you're there at the right time of day), better showers, nicer bathrooms, nicer decor generally, better service - should I continue?
Old Jun 8, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: Some
I don't recall seeing this posted before, so the rather short First / Chairman's Lounge / Platinum One wine list below (from a trip a few months ago):

serfty likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 4:59 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Marriott Platinum
EK First class access QF London Lounge

Hi,

Does anyone know if flying first on EK gets you access to QF lounge at T3? No status with OW.

Thank you
Old Aug 26, 2019, 5:40 am

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Is this lounge the best choice for QF F pax (no status) ?
Old Aug 26, 2019, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Nizar
Hi,

As a F pax you can access any OW F/J lounge ( so you also have BA F and Cathay F lounges, as well as the American First class/Flagship lounge). I would probably say the cathay F lounge is better ( unless you like gin) but may get busy in the early evening as the CX flights for hong kong leave but the QF lounge is very good also .

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Nizar
No!

CX F ... or AA F ... unless you like Gin.

IMHO, the QF facility is not mach better than the Admirals Club (if at all) and worse that any other T3 oneworld options.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by serfty
No!

IMHO, the QF facility is not mach better than the Admirals Club (if at all) and worse that any other T3 oneworld options.
Spot on. I just can't understand why some people rave about the Qantas F lounge. But each to their own I guess.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Grace B
Spot on. I just can't understand why some people rave about the Qantas F lounge. But each to their own I guess.
I was referring to the Qantas International lounge at LHR which is the subject of this thread. It is not an 'F' lounge - they only exist in SYD, MEL and LAX (soon to be SIN as well).

FWIW, LAX is the only port where I might put another oneworld Lounge in front of the existing Qantas First lounge at the same port.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.