Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QF London Lounge - Opened November 2017 (Master Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF London Lounge - Opened November 2017 (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2017, 10:09 pm

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Flame3601
I have not yet visited the lounge yet , however my good friend confirmed they were serving Krug at the time he was there ( 30/11). I do have a thought in the back of my mind that this must of been left over from the PR even the night before perhaps ?...
I’m a 100% certain that any Krug being served was leftovers from an event. There are no QF Lounges serving Krug to the swilling masses
Old Dec 8, 2017, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by Flame3601
I have not yet visited the lounge yet , however my good friend confirmed they were serving Krug at the time he was there ( 30/11). I do have a thought in the back of my mind that this must of been left over from the PR even the night before perhaps ?...
Your good friend is confused. At the official opening event Croser was served, and the next day they were still serving Croser. Reports since then (including from Qantas F pax) have never mentioned Krug...

Last edited by Aus_Mal; Dec 8, 2017 at 4:34 am
Old Dec 8, 2017, 2:50 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Perhaps confused with SQ SIN The Private Room, which was serving Krug recently?
Old Dec 9, 2017, 3:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Just been in the new lounge this morning and it looks great! Not overly busy which was a bit unexpected? The staff were so enthusiastic which was nice. All the staff greeting passengers - even multiple times . The bar upstairs looked great and seems like it would be a nice place to enjoy a few cocktails in the evening. However, there is no background music which I always find odd.

Can confirm no champagne available but Croser Sparkling wine is and it is available to everyone not just First or QF Platinum members as was previously reported. In fact it was proactively offered even at 08:30 in the morning - even the manager was walking the floor topping up glasses. The Croser was very nice too!

A la carte brekkie only available from 09:30am and menu looked a bit limited so decided to wait until the Cathay lounge.

Overall a very nice lounge but I still prefer the CX lounges. More homely and nicer ambiance.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 4:37 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Anyone snapped a menu shot yet for First a la carte dining?
Old Dec 12, 2017, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by 355F1
Anyone snapped a menu shot yet for First a la carte dining?
There is no "First" al la carte dining.

if you want that, go to the CX lounge next door.

See here on AFF for a menu that has been available to all in the evenings:

New Qantas Lounge Heathrow Terminal 3 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Old Dec 12, 2017, 9:40 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by serfty
There is no "First" al la carte dining.

if you want that, go to the CX lounge next door.

See here on AFF for a menu that has been available to all in the evenings:

New Qantas Lounge Heathrow Terminal 3 Australian Frequent Flyer
Ahh damn. I was thinking that the London lounge would be similar to the First Lounge @ LAX--my favorite place!
Old Dec 13, 2017, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by 355F1
Ahh damn. I was thinking that the London lounge would be similar to the First Lounge @ LAX--my favorite place!
Alas no, vastly different experiences: QF at LHR is more alike to QF SIN and HKG lounges.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 1:01 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by djsflynn
Alas no, vastly different experiences: QF at LHR is more alike to QF SIN and HKG lounges.
I haven't been to any HKG lounges besides the Wing and the Pier (FC with my OE Emerald status).

I LOVE those places!!!
Old Dec 22, 2017, 5:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Skywards Silver
First visit to QF lounge in T3, breakfast was good, although the other half moaned that there was no cheese available. She did enjoy her eggs benedict though. Slightly surprised to see clotted cream available with the croissants.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 5:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Skywards Silver
Old Jan 4, 2018, 1:01 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
I stopped by a couple of weeks ago and have posted a full review on my website:

REVIEW – Qantas Lounge: Business and First Class, LHR T3

My Conclusion

Perhaps I went into this with my hopes set too high but I really don’t feel that this lounge is anywhere near the level of Cathay’s business lounge next door, let alone the First Class section. The Qantas decor isn’t as luxurious, the food is not as good, there is a lack of natural light, runway views and power sockets and if you don’t like gin, the drinks selection is far more limited.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 3:50 am

Programs: QF WP (LTG), AA, SPG Gold, IC Plat Amb, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold.
Thanks Jermyn for such a thorough review.
The furnishings look nice, but imagining it before the late evening departures full of travellers and families.....
Good looking Scotch egg though!
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:37 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Given how long the lounge was closed for renovations I was expecting more. Most of the changes from the old AC/SK lounge seem fairly cosmetic.

I also noticed the limited power sockets. Lounge staff were actually using some of the few sockets for their own devices. Not good.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 9:39 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
Originally Posted by mattm199
Thanks Jermyn for such a thorough review.
The furnishings look nice, but imagining it before the late evening departures full of travellers and families.....
Good looking Scotch egg though!
Happy to be of service
I got here around 5:30pm and it did get busy very quickly.
The scotch egg was good but no replacement for the loss of my beloved salt and pepper squid!

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Given how long the lounge was closed for renovations I was expecting more. Most of the changes from the old AC/SK lounge seem fairly cosmetic.

I also noticed the limited power sockets. Lounge staff were actually using some of the few sockets for their own devices. Not good.
I understand that the lack of sunlight is difficult to manage but surely they could have added more power sockets at minimal extra cost?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.