Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QF London Lounge - Opened November 2017 (Master Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF London Lounge - Opened November 2017 (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2019, 2:32 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

As a F pax you can access any OW F/J lounge ( so you also have BA F and Cathay F lounges, as well as the American First class/Flagship lounge). I would probably say the cathay F lounge is better ( unless you like gin) but may get busy in the early evening as the CX flights for hong kong leave but the QF lounge is very good also .

Regards

TBS
QF F passengers can also use the EK lounge (not available for high status QF passengers flying J or lower).
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 3:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Does anyone know if the showers have hairdryers at this lounge?
Old Jan 22, 2020, 12:53 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by choosethedrew
Does anyone know if the showers have hairdryers at this lounge?
I think I remember seeing a hairdryer when I used the showers in this lounge a few weeks ago.
choosethedrew likes this.
Old May 16, 2020, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
My full review of The Qantas London Lounge from September 2019, including plenty of images, is available in my trip report: A Postcard from Portugal via The Qantas London Lounge
Old May 16, 2020, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Genius1
My full review of The Qantas London Lounge from September 2019, including plenty of images, is available in my trip report: A Postcard from Portugal via The Qantas London Lounge
Nice report. One thing that gets me is why airlines dont install chairs/lounges with high enough backing to support ones neck/head? Like most travellers I'm often jetlagged and lying back on chair which supports the head is much, much more comfortable.

95% of the chairs in the Qantas lounge barely support ones shoulders!
Genius1 likes this.
Old May 16, 2020, 3:32 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by SW7London
Nice report. One thing that gets me is why airlines dont install chairs/lounges with high enough backing to support ones neck/head? Like most travellers I'm often jetlagged and lying back on chair which supports the head is much, much more comfortable.

95% of the chairs in the Qantas lounge barely support ones shoulders!
Cost of chair and they don’t want you to be too comfortable - otherwise you’ll be asleep and miss your flight. Same with McDonalds - provide tables and chairs but make the chairs uncomfortable so you leave ASAP.
Old May 17, 2020, 12:03 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by og
Cost of chair and they don’t want you to be too comfortable - otherwise you’ll be asleep and miss your flight. Same with McDonalds - provide tables and chairs but make the chairs uncomfortable so you leave ASAP.
My last company did that with high chairs with no/low back in so called drop in areas. They were meant for people to go for 30 min to an hour for a chat, short meeting etc but because of the hot desking policy in the building, and the resultant lack of desks, many of my team sat there all day, I tried a couple of times, but after an hour my back was aching and it was easier to stand - or go home!! We initially had 8 desks allocated for 40 people in our team and it took a few years to get that doubled to 16 by which time people had gone into a pattern of working from home and only coming into this office if necessary. I look back at my time there and wonder why someone didn't sue them about those chairs!!!
Old May 17, 2020, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by og
The furniture in the QF lounge is far from inexpensive - many are custom pieces!
clubeurope likes this.
Old May 21, 2020, 2:59 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Genius1
The furniture in the QF lounge is far from inexpensive - many are custom pieces!
Indeed, those David Caon chairs couldn't have been cheap

With regards to chairs not having neck/head support, I suppose it's more of a question of style rather than substance. The lounges, particularly in outstations are meant to be short-term, glorified waiting rooms, and spending several hours there in comfort perhaps may not be what they had in mind. Though interestingly, they do have high-backed chairs at the new Qantas First Lounge Singapore do they not? They're similar to the ones Cathay has...
Genius1 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2023, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For posterity, here are some photos of the upstairs buffet and drinks station from July 2022.

A decent enough selection outside of the main dining hours downstairs, and I was proactively offered a drink when sitting down near the bar.

Old Jun 24, 2023, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For further posterity, here are some photos of the brunch buffet and menu in the main dining room downstairs from December 2022.

I sampled the garlic and rosemary bacon from the menu, which was lukewarm and the bacon too fatty for my liking, although was nicely flavoured.

Neil Perry's bircher muesli from the buffet was decent.

FlightDetective likes this.

Last edited by Genius1; Jun 24, 2023 at 12:19 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.