Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QF London Lounge - Opened November 2017 (Master Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF London Lounge - Opened November 2017 (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2017, 2:26 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
[mod hat] I have separated the pre-opening discussion from the post-opening ones. [/mod hat]
Old Dec 1, 2017, 12:53 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Thanks for the info & pics. So no F lounge and no champers?!

Wonder if access to EK lounge at LHR will change now the QF lounge is open?
Old Dec 1, 2017, 10:22 am

In here now and it’s good, I like it.

No hot food in the restaurant until 17.30 so I’ll miss out today but a hot buffet upstairs which is fine.

Staff excellent and attentive.

The lighting is a bit bright IMO creating a slight stark atmosphere but not a big deal.

All things considered, way better than BA’s but I think I prefer the noodle bar at the CX lounge so may end up there more times than not.

Especially if Cathay are to be leaving OW soon, I’d like to enjoy it whilst I can.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 3:37 am

Bubbles

Bubbles now available in the QF London Lounge. But you have to know to ask for it, and my request went through three different people, and a bizare check of my boarding card before I was served. Other info, there is a very good hot menu (great eggs benedict today) but its only served until 11am.
bi
Old Dec 2, 2017, 3:51 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by lorkers
Bubbles now available in the QF London Lounge. But you have to know to ask for it, and my request went through three different people, and a bizare check of my boarding card before I was served. Other info, there is a very good hot menu (great eggs benedict today) but its only served until 11am.
The big question then is: what did your boarding pass show? Travelling in F? Qantas Platinum? Platinum One?
djsflynn likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 3:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by lorkers
What bubbles were they?

Do you have any pics of the menu by chance?
Old Dec 2, 2017, 4:07 am

Programs: BA Silver
I like the coaster!
Old Dec 2, 2017, 4:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
It was Croser being offered out this morning. I think the lightning needs a bit work - was really quite bright. Some of the finishing in the lounge is quite patchy... if you are sat at the downstairs bar, just take a look at the faux marble surrounding the stairs - I wouldn’t have been happy signing that work off. Nice lounge but it’ll still be CX for me.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 5:52 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
So there’s no sparkling wine available unless you request it?
Old Dec 3, 2017, 2:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by IMOA
Wow, thats an outrageously good Gin selection, can't think of any other lounge in the world which comes close to that.
The BA T5 First Lounge often has has a drink promotions with loads of different gins often from small producers in the lounge which is great. But that Gin section in the Qantas lounge is very impressive. I'll have to find an excuse to fly out of T3 to try them out (hic!).
Old Dec 3, 2017, 5:12 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by Forever in Seattle
The BA T5 First Lounge often has has a drink promotions with loads of different gins often from small producers in the lounge which is great. But that Gin section in the Qantas lounge is very impressive. I'll have to find an excuse to fly out of T3 to try them out (hic!).
I already have! An afternoon departure just before Christmas.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 2:30 am

Basic but OK lunch served from 1pm.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I was there yesterday afternoon(salads, Veg biryani, chicken tikka masala etc). Food was okay. Most of the action was on the top floor (food, showers, bar). A lot of staff walking around and some were being trained as well. I ate in CX F Lounge and popped in for a drink and shower in QF Lounge. I prefer the CX showers(better design, place to keep bag). I left in 10 minutes and then visited the BA Flounge for a pack of crisps before heading for my gate. I would rate as CX F > CX J > QF
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:01 pm

Programs: Shiny metal ones that go clink.
Images of all the menus

Another review of the lounge here, with a somewhat different angle from a foodie - hence, lots of images of the menus throughout the day, food and details of the sparkling...
Qantas London Heathrow Lounge opens
Old Dec 7, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Originally Posted by wheatbeer
What bubbles were they?

Do you have any pics of the menu by chance?
I have not yet visited the lounge yet , however my good friend confirmed they were serving Krug at the time he was there ( 30/11). I do have a thought in the back of my mind that this must of been left over from the PR even the night before perhaps ?...
Princess fiona likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.