Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

EK F lounge access for wife and kids - QP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK F lounge access for wife and kids - QP

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2018, 2:57 am

Programs: BA Gold
I'm flying Qantas (metal and ticket) from Dubai in Economy. I am Oneworld Emerald - can I and one guest use the Emirates First Lounge in DXB?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 3:15 am

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
If you have QF WP+ status, then yes. If your Oneworld status is through another FFP (such as BAEC), then no. EK has a partnership with QF, not Oneworld.

Last edited by pbl22; Mar 2, 2018 at 5:16 pm
Old Mar 2, 2018, 3:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by pbl22
If you have QF WP+ status, then yes. If your Oneworld status is through another FFP (such as BAEC), then no. EK has a partnership with QF, not Oneworld.
Not true

Ift departing on a flight both operated and marketed by Qantas, there is indeed access to EK's 1st c;lass lounge in Dubai for a passenger holding OW Emerald status

From https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...eaccess/dxb/-1

Originally Posted by oneworld
Emirates First Lounge
Available to Emerald members when their next onward flight is operated and marketed by Qantas.

Access: First Class / Emerald Tier

Location: Terminal 3 / Concourse A, Level U3 / After Security

Opening Hours: Daily: 24 Hours

Last edited by Dave Noble; Mar 2, 2018 at 4:19 am Reason: change sapphire to emerald
Old Mar 2, 2018, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Not true

If departing on a flight both operated and marketed by Qantas, there is indeed access to EK's 1st c;lass lounge in Dubai for a passenger holding OW Sapphire status
Yayyy!!!!!!!!!

My flight departs Duabi at 02:40 - how early can I check-in with hold luggage?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 5:02 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Thanks for correcting me Dave. My apologies for submitting incorrect information.I had thought that was not the case. The beauty of learning stuff on FT.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 7:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
A word to the wise. Given the unfamiliarity with BA, they may think that BA gold = QF gold and helpfully direct you to the bus8ness lounge. A quiet but clear explanation is usually enough for the agent to check. Occurred a couple of times. Enjoy the lounge.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 9:04 pm
DML
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Indeed. Point out the emerald tier on your BA gold card.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by DML
Indeed. Point out the emerald tier on your BA gold card.
can I bring a guest in?
Old May 9, 2018, 10:16 pm
DML
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, HHonors Diamond
So yes, as advised we did all manage to get into the F lounge at DXB with no issues. A very pleasant couple of hours spent. I also managed to get my wife and two kids into the EK lounge at GLA on the way home. I was under the impression I could only take one guest in but the lounge staff said my wife was the guest and the kids were allowed in as well with my WP status. I didn't complain (obviously!) as its a lovely wee lounge but something tells me we were a bit lucky.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.