Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

EK F lounge access for wife and kids - QP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2017, 11:12 pm
DML
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, HHonors Diamond

Just checking if I am reading the QF website correctly or not....If I am in transit through DXB on an EK flight (QF code) and have QP, I can take both my wife and 2 kids (aged under 17) into the EK F lounge - is that correct? The wording on the QF site is a little ambiguous but suggests I can. Couldn't find the answer with a search and would just like to check. Last time I transited I was gold and my wife needed her QC card as well to get all 4 of us into the J lounge. TIA
Old Nov 27, 2017, 11:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Qantas Club mmbership doesn't provide any access to the 1st class lounge

If you are travelling in 1st class you can enter with 1 guest
if you have Platinum status you can enter with 1 guest

otherwise no access

For the business lounge, the member plus 1 guest can be admitted - so would need 2 memberships to get access for 4 people
Old Nov 28, 2017, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by DML
Just checking if I am reading the QF website correctly or not....If I am in transit through DXB on an EK flight (QF code) and have QP, I can take both my wife and 2 kids (aged under 17) into the EK F lounge - is that correct? The wording on the QF site is a little ambiguous but suggests I can.
Personal experience - we have done exactly this several times at DXB without issue. That is: access for 2 parents + 2 kids all off one Platinum.

Not only did they let the two kids in, they even gave them little gift bags with comic books etc.
DML likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Qantas Club mmbership doesn't provide any access to the 1st class lounge

If you are travelling in 1st class you can enter with 1 guest
if you have Platinum status you can enter with 1 guest

otherwise no access

For the business lounge, the member plus 1 guest can be admitted - so would need 2 memberships to get access for 4 people
I suspect the OP is using "QP" to mean "QANTAS Platinum" not "Qantas pub"!
Old Nov 28, 2017, 1:21 am
DML
Original Poster

Sorry, yes I am Qantas platinum. Not up to speed with all the lingo clearly - I see I am actually WP not QP. My bad!
Old Nov 28, 2017, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by trooper
I suspect the OP is using "QP" to mean "QANTAS Platinum" not "Qantas pub"!
Indeed, QF Plat is listed in Programs under the OP's profile.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by DML
Not up to speed with all the lingo clearly - I see I am actually WP not QP. My bad!
It's not your fault - it's a particularly obscure collection of abbreviations!
Old Nov 28, 2017, 2:11 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Globaliser
It's not your fault - it's a particularly obscure collection of abbreviations!
Not if you were part of the group who devised them in the first place.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 3:23 am
DML
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies - good news! Will keep it as a surprise for my wife and kids :-)
Old Nov 30, 2017, 4:29 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
It is an unofficial benefit so the surprise could go either way Good luck, pretty good chance as the EK lounge dragons have considerable good will (helps having such huge lounge capacity).
Old Nov 30, 2017, 6:40 am
DML
Original Poster

The confusion arises because on the tier benefits page of the QF website it states "In Dubai, you and a guest may enjoy the luxurious Emirates First LoungeThis link will open in a new window. and in other airports...........Platinum members can access the Emirates Lounge. Up to two children (aged between 0 and 17 years) can access the Emirates Lounges when accompanied by a Platinum member." On the lounge finder page it only mentions the one guest allowed. It needs the inclusion of the word 'also' before 'access' when mentioning kids. In fact, I did get a response from a QF chat agent when discussing something else today and he confirmed it is access for one guest and two children so all good. Thanks again.

Last edited by DML; Nov 30, 2017 at 6:46 am
Old Nov 30, 2017, 6:43 am
DML
Original Poster

Old Dec 1, 2017, 11:32 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Also qantas.com explicitly states children count as guests for EK lounges, unlike QF owned lounges where 2 are allowed ... which is consistent with Oneworld lounge policies. It seems QF has negotiated a special deal with EK but hasn't updated all parts of the web site yet ... with the exit of QF from DXB this will be likely to change soon, yet again.... From qantas.com:

Child Access Guide

Customers under the legal drinking age must be accompanied by an adult in any Qantas operated lounge. Legal drinking age may vary in different jurisdictions and countries. LoungeChild AgeNumber of ChildrenQantas owned and operated lounge0-3 years
4 to 17 years
18 and overNot counted as a child guest
2 not counted as guest
adult guestAmerican Airlines owned loungeUnder 18 yearsAll children are counted towards guest numbersEmirates lounge0 to 17 yearsAll children are counted towards guest numbersAssociated Lounge varies**varies**If you are travelling with more than two children, the Qantas lounge manager will try to accommodate them, subject to reviewing the space available in the lounge.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 1:46 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by number_6
... with the exit of QF from DXB this will be likely to change soon, yet again....
... but not until after the regulators have approved the extension of the partnership? .... Gee, I'm becoming a cynical old flyer!!

Regards,

BD
Old Dec 5, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by DML
I saw that chat agent box the other day but ended up being 'on hold'!! ha! Nice to know it's a person and not a bot. Might try them for a small issue to fix.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.