Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QFF Booking, next day connection <24hrs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2017, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All

Every flight I've ever booked with connections that are overnight, but within 24 hrs, where of 1 ticket.
So why does QFF consider overnight connections within 24hrs as 2 separate tickets?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LukeO9
Every flight I've ever booked with connections that are overnight, but within 24 hrs, where of 1 ticket.
So why does QFF consider overnight connections within 24hrs as 2 separate tickets?
Do you mean "separate tickets" for baggage interlining?
Or "separate" for what?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Or "separate" for what?
I mean what I say.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
For International itineries it is > 24 hours for a stopover.

Domestically, it is "same day" only for a connection to be considered a transit.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by serfty
Domestically, it is "same day" only for a connection to be considered a transit.
Do you know of any other airline that has this rule?
Old Nov 15, 2017, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Do you know of any other airline that has this rule?
I have not paid much attention. I have seen reference to a "4 hour" rule in relation to USA domestic travel for some Legacy USA carriers.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 12:42 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Or "separate" for what?
I mean what I say.
Well, it does not make a sense... It can still be on one ticket, but it is considered as a stop over... Been there done that,
Old Nov 15, 2017, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vbroucek
Well, it does not make a sense... It can still be on one ticket, but it is considered as a stop over... Been there done that,
Yes indeed.

The usual understanding of a "connection" is between 2 flights of 1 ticket.
If 2 separate tickets there is no "connection". Just a transfer from 1 flight to another.

What is the effect of an over night transfer between 2 flights on separate days?
What airports?
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by serfty
I have not paid much attention. I have seen reference to a "4 hour" rule in relation to USA domestic travel for some Legacy USA carriers.
Similarly, I've paid no attention, as I've always redeemed for international travel.....for the past 20 years. Still learning.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:15 am
Original Poster

If 2 separate tickets there is no "connection". Just a transfer from 1 flight to another.
So when Pax "Transfer to connecting flights"(taken from an airline's website as representative of general terms used) there are performing miracles?
I'm all in favor of establishing a nomenclature in this regard, but if you want to do so, start with the airlines themselves, not with posters on forums.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I'm all in favor of establishing a nomenclature in this regard, but if you want to do so, start with the airlines themselves, not with posters on forums.
That is industry terminology, not something made up by Mwenenzi.

In any event, I don't understand the premise of your original question. In what way does QF consider your itinerary to be two separate tickets? Have you been issued with two separate tickets? Or is there something that you want QF to do that QF is refusing to do, even though you only have one ticket covering both halves of your connection?
Old Nov 15, 2017, 12:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Are you talking about domestic flights?

If so, then where QF does allow connections, in many cases the routing rules require that onward flight be on same calendar day; otherwise it prices as a fare from A-B plus B-C
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globaliser
That is industry terminology, not something made up by Mwenenzi.
You left out my quote from the "industry" that contradicts the terminology in question.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Do you want assistance with the original question - in which case providing details of the booking or bookings would be needed or to argue about terminology?

Where there are 2 unrelated bookings - it may appear like a connection to the person changing flights but is not a connection ( or transfer which is the same meaning ) but the end of 1 journey and the commencement of a new one
Old Nov 15, 2017, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Do you want assistance with the original question - in which case providing details of the booking or bookings would be needed or to argue about terminology?
Resolving assistance was provided by serfty without additional information, whereupon the thread should have ceased.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.