Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QFF cancelled with no notice [points expiry]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QFF cancelled with no notice [points expiry]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2017, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Platy
Many thanks for sharing the additional examples (presumably across more than one person given the dates cited?).
Yes, it's as I described before: the last is mine (December 2015 - and I got another one in May 2017, posted earlier), and the other two were to my companion and to another friend.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Yes, it's as I described before: the last is mine (December 2015 - and I got another one in May 2017, posted earlier), and the other two were to my companion and to another friend.
Ok - thanks again - useful data points!
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:32 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat ANA Plat
Originally Posted by Platy
I was referring to the aviation industry (wherein I have experience writing safety training to a standard of English / copywriting which eliminated all reasonable or perceived ambiguity across numerous clients).

But that said, FWIW, it's not the airline industry that is relevant - rather any industry with a sales / service contract involving a customer overlain with legal compliance requirements (consumer and trade practices even that the prevailing legal regimen has precedence over a customer contract in Australian law) and necessity for internally monitored compliance given self imposed corporate guidelines / ethics (which would be the yardsticks by which the corporate executive would be required to follow in designing their strategy and process set for implementation).

In the event, we now have additional information (see post #65 ) , which indicates that both the logic and interpretations of some posting earlier on this thread were misplaced (however well intentioned and well reasoned).

Well you certainly made you statement ambiguous, referring to industries I assumed others, now you say actually just one. I realize for you there is only one correct POV but I agree with many other posters.

Last edited by DownUnderFlyer; Oct 19, 2017 at 10:59 pm Reason: Removed reference to moderator action
Old Oct 19, 2017, 11:02 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
[mod hat] Just a last reminder to stay on topic. This means, you shouldn't really comment about the style of what other people are posting but instead focus on providing information which helps people understand the topic at hand. [/mod hat]
Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by BRITINJAPAN3
Well you certainly made you statement ambiguous, referring to industries I assumed others, now you say actually just one. I realize for you there is only one correct POV but I agree with many other posters.
Actually I was also referring to the resources industry wherein accurate and unambiguous copywriting can make or break a deal with many billions of dollars.

I also made it clear that there were differing points of view (hence the phrase: "Vivre La Difference", which means that it is good and respected that there are differing opinions or points of view).

In terms of only one correct POV you might consider that I acknowledged relevant input (from Globaliser with examples of emails advising ) repeatedly, whereas number of others were very silent when proved wrong on the issue of ambiguity in the T&Cs and their certainty that credit card transfer were earning activity for the purposes of expiry of points).

That said, you are yet to articulate what your own opinions might be, so my original assessment of childish non contribution was accurate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.