Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas LHR route suggestion

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2017, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX Gold, QF Bronze
Qantas LHR route suggestion

I can see QF will resume the SIN stopover for LHR routes. But should HKG Also be resumed as an alternative?
A way to do a better HKG stopover:
QF127: extends to LHR with constant use of A380 with F seats sold (negotiate with VS to use the 23:20 slot to depart HKG)
QF128: should arrive at around 2pm HK Time
QF117/97/29: one of the flights should constantly use A330-200 with long haul seats and use the former CX HKG-DUS slot (00:15 departing time) to extend to LHR
making another flight to LHR
Also, to boost flight load, add BA and CX code to the QF operating flights
Old Oct 10, 2017, 2:31 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Not sure if QF has extra LHR slots any more, I think they were sold by Joyce (for a fat profit). BA and CX are fairly hostile to QF these days, fwiw, so new codeshares are a long shot. QF is still smarting from CX killing their A320 fleet in HKG for the JQ-HKG base.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 3:16 am

Programs: QFF
Australian airlines are only allowed 7 flights/week between HKG and LHR (and a total of 8 to Europe).

QF still owns the LHR slots. I haven't seen/heard anything to say otherwise. QF owns 4 LHR slot pairs and leases 2 to BA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.