Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Emirates codeshare flight syd-chc owe lounge access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates codeshare flight syd-chc owe lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2017, 5:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Firipu
I'm OWE and flew AKL-MEL in Y on a Qantas flight number, but operated by Emirates. I was let into the F lounge at AKL
You were lucky - there is no lounge access entitlement in this situation ( unless the status was from Qantas FF scheme ) - I would be planning for no lounge access if booked on an EK flight number and travelling in economy
Old Sep 27, 2017, 10:40 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
AKL F lounge attendants are extremely lenient historically ... not so for CHC (the original thread). Hence the extreme over-crowding of the AKL F lounge as entry criteria is not enforced too much, at least the times I have been there. I guess they are lonely as no QF F service at AKL.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 3:20 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
You were lucky - there is no lounge access entitlement in this situation ( unless the status was from Qantas FF scheme ) - I would be planning for no lounge access if booked on an EK flight number and travelling in economy
I wasn't expecting to be admitted either but thought I would give it a shot anyway. The lady did scan my boarding pass and the system didn't reject me, so I didn't say anything
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:53 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by number_6
AKL F lounge attendants are extremely lenient historically ... not so for CHC (the original thread). Hence the extreme over-crowding of the AKL F lounge as entry criteria is not enforced too much, at least the times I have been there. I guess they are lonely as no QF F service at AKL.
CHC is a contract lounge, whereas AKL is QF-operated lounge.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 2:04 am

Programs: Qantas
Refusal from entry

Hi all,

​​​​​​Checking if anyone can assist with information on who I can lodge a formal complaint and to whom QF/EK?

We bought QF sharecode with EK and flew BNE to KUL via SIN. Flights from BNE has been delayed for over 4 hours (2.35am to 6.35am) and we missed the connection from SIN to KUL. The EK rep in SIN changi airport has rebook us another 3K codeshare (Jetstar Singapore) under Qantas flying out 5 hours later - 7pm. After getting my boarding pass at 1pm, I have specifically ask Chris who is the EK rep handling this rebooking and he said we can access the EK lounge which will be open at 2:30pm. This is because we are QFF Gold and bought QF sharecode flight.

At 2:30pm, we went up to the lounge and saw the lounge receptionist accepted a group of 3 before us and 1 of them may not have the right to use the lounge. When it is our turn, the girl rejected our boarding pass and said EK do not accept 3K boarding pass regardless that our tickets specifically stated QF codeshare. I specifically told her we already spoke with Chris but she contacted Chris and he denied confirming we can access the lounge.

My unhappiness and anger are that:
1) flight delayed over 4 hours and we have been waiting at the airport since 1am.
2) missed connection and have to rebook into a later flight in the evening which is a day gone.
3) specifically asked chris and he said he is EK rep and he can confirm we have access to the lounge.
4) at the lounge, receptionist rejected what we said and contacted chris who denied the confirmation. But other passengers before us can go in as if there is a quota of letting ppl in and we are exceeding the quota.
​​​
Previously, I have the same issue with China Eastern and Qantas quoteshare where they do not recognise my QFF gold. But the partnership was quite new then (2 to 4 weeks) so not all ground staff know. I know this because at checkin counter, some staff knew and some doesn't. Therefore i have chosen to close an eye on China Eastern matter.

This time we were quite unhappy as we paid higher fare for QF codeshare, thought we can save some time flying midnight and still accessing the lounge but end up everything were screwed up before our trip.

Appreciate any of your suggestions, recommendation and insights. Apologies for the long message. If anyone can provide a specific person whom I can lodge this complaint will be perfect.
​​

Joel

Last edited by joelsoo; Apr 14, 2018 at 11:19 pm Reason: Grammar
Old Apr 11, 2018, 6:46 pm

Forgot to add:
This forms 1st part of my honeymoon trip.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 7:15 pm

Flight delays happen form time to time - whether booked as a codeshare or not
"Chris" gave you incorrect information at the time - travel on 3K does not give lounge access to the EK lounge ; the lounge agent was correct
Even if there had been no delay, you could not have been flying on Emirates or Qantas to KUL and so would not have been able to access the Emirates lounge

If you had gone to the Qantas lounge, I think that you may have been allowed access

There are a lot of flights between Singapore and Kuala Lumpur and I would have tried pushing to be booked onto an earlier flight on one of the other carriers if necessary

The person made a mistake in their understanding of lounge access, but I don't see that Emirates will do anything for a minor information error. It is not like you were incorrectly denied lounge access , nor would be expecting much for the delay

The reason for the trip really doesn't make any difference
windchaser777 likes this.

Last edited by Dave Noble; Apr 11, 2018 at 7:25 pm
Old Apr 14, 2018, 10:41 pm

Updates

Thank your Dave.

We tried asking for earlier flight on other carriers but not possible unless we pay for it ourselves. Other passengers even make a scene but still end up the same flight as us.

Spoken with the EK lounge supervisor before flying out. He has confirmed that being a QF code flight, I am indeed eligible for the EK lounge access. Therefore EK rep Chris is correct and the lounge receptionist who denied my access is not. He promised he will pass on the feedback and also speak with the staff.

He is very helpful and apologetic and gave us more information if we indeed want to lodge a formal complaint.

So the case is that your onward flight must be EK or affiliated airline, Gold and above Elite status, business class and above to access the lounge. Of course don't quote me, please check with airline to be sure. If you have doubt, ask a few staff to be sure.
​​

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Flight delays happen form time to time - whether booked as a codeshare or not
"Chris" gave you incorrect information at the time - travel on 3K does not give lounge access to the EK lounge ; the lounge agent was correct
Even if there had been no delay, you could not have been flying on Emirates or Qantas to KUL and so would not have been able to access the Emirates lounge

If you had gone to the Qantas lounge, I think that you may have been allowed access

There are a lot of flights between Singapore and Kuala Lumpur and I would have tried pushing to be booked onto an earlier flight on one of the other carriers if necessary

The person made a mistake in their understanding of lounge access, but I don't see that Emirates will do anything for a minor information error. It is not like you were incorrectly denied lounge access , nor would be expecting much for the delay

The reason for the trip really doesn't make any difference

Last edited by joelsoo; Apr 14, 2018 at 11:18 pm Reason: Updates
Old Apr 14, 2018, 11:23 pm

Accidently deleted msg

Sorry. I am lagging and think i have accidently deleted my previous post.
cheers.
​​
Old Apr 15, 2018, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by joelsoo
Spoken with the EK lounge supervisor before flying out. He has confirmed that being a QF code flight, I am indeed eligible for the EK lounge access. Therefore EK rep Chris is correct and the lounge receptionist who denied my access is not. He promised he will pass on the feedback and also speak with the staff.
​​
I am pretty sure that the requirement for Emirates lounge entitlement for Qantas Gold or higher status is that the flight is marketed by either Qantas or Emirates AND operated by either Qantas or Emirates

A Qantas flight operated by Jetstar does not meet that requirement

A Qantas gold or silver member travelling on Jetstar can , however use the Qantas lounge
Old Nov 16, 2019, 9:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Success

Updating this thread as I too was booked on CHC-SYD on QF in Y flying EK metal. I have Sapphire status on OW.

EK's check in agent told me to ask directly at lounge, but didn't think I would have access. I politely explained the lounge attendant who, upon seeing confirmation of my status, happily have me access.

Worst case scenario, you can buy access at the door for NZ$ 45 per adult (NZ$20 per children). While the food offering is disappointing, the booze is quite good.

Last edited by RafKa; Nov 17, 2019 at 4:07 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.