$25 million better spent at QF

Old Sep 21, 17, 2:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globaliser View Post
What was done was done, and it would be odd for promises made in 2014 to be reneged on today, given the circumstances in which they were made.
Indeed...I would be most surprised if a contract wasn't signed back in 2014...IMHO it is astounding the Board wouldn't model the potential outcomes against putative future share / dividend prices and put a risk mitigation in place (e.g. cap the package), especially knowing that they were coming off such a low share price base.

Joyce may be contractually entitled to the dosh, but presumably he is not legally bound to accept it all...

In any case, once those fuel prices go up (and depending on the hedging strategy) that profit could get eaten up very quickly! I'm yet to be convinced that the EK alliance will endure now that EK is so dominant in the Australian market and QF is leaving DXB with its own metal, reducing capacity to LHR and competitors seem to be well ahead on fleet renewal...interesting times...
Old Sep 21, 17, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Platy View Post
I'm yet to be convinced that the EK alliance will endure now that EK is so dominant in the Australian market and QF is leaving DXB with its own metal, reducing capacity to LHR and competitors seem to be well ahead on fleet renewal...interesting times...
As the songwriter said:-
Nothing lasts forever
So I figure I better
Take you forever
For now
deeruck likes this.
Old Sep 21, 17, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble View Post
I would much rather a shorter joruney and I would settle for Qantas over Cathay to save 2700 miles of travelling.
Fair enough, Dave...but surely price would come into the analysis at some point?
Old Sep 21, 17, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Platy View Post
Fair enough, Dave...but surely price would come into the analysis at some point?
Depends on who is paying - if travelling for business, then I wouldn't be adding that sort of detoutr; if I was travelling for pleasure and wanting to spend less, I would probably look at premium economy before making that detour