Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

OW Baggage allowance, Im confused! Help Pls

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2017, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, IC Plat Elt, Hilton Diamond, QF silver

Ok, Im, new to this in relation to One world baggage allowances. Im flying as a one world sapphire (BA silver) HKG to SYD with Qantas in economy next week. Ive logged into the manage my booking page on Qantas and it indicates my Sapphire status but only shows an allowance of 30kg.

Am I entitled to an additional 15kg on top of the 30kg? as I'm presuming the flight uses the weight not piece system?

many thanks

Luke
Old Sep 8, 2017, 5:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The ticketed allowance is 30Kg. With OW Sapphire status, you are entitled to an extra 15Kg for a total of 45Kg
Old Sep 8, 2017, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, IC Plat Elt, Hilton Diamond, QF silver
Thanks for the reply, How many bags can that be split between?
Old Sep 8, 2017, 1:55 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
There is no set limit.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 2:26 am

Programs: QF
Originally Posted by sualg
Thanks for the reply, How many bags can that be split between?
No limit on actual number of pieces as long as no single item exceeds a maximum weight of 32 kgs and the total weight of all the items does not exceed 45 kilos.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 4:58 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by ozbeachbabe
No limit on actual number of pieces as long as no single item exceeds a maximum weight of 32 kgs and the total weight of all the items does not exceed 45 kilos.
There is also a size limit of 62 inches, but that rarely is a problem except for boxed items like tv sets or refrigerators. If you exceed that size limit it has to go as air freight, no matter the weight (and the cost can be breathtaking, $1000 is not uncommon).
Old Sep 12, 2017, 6:16 pm

Programs: QF
Originally Posted by number_6
There is also a size limit of 62 inches, but that rarely is a problem except for boxed items like tv sets or refrigerators. If you exceed that size limit it has to go as air freight, no matter the weight (and the cost can be breathtaking, $1000 is not uncommon).
I realise the OP is flying ex HKG to SYD on QF but I've never seen people have any issues on QF within or ex AU with bike boxes, tv sets, surfboards etc as long as the weight doesn't exceeds 32kg. A fridge is a whole different animal - never seen anyone try to check one in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.