FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   Double Qantas points (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/1865083-double-qantas-points.html)

mkdoc Sep 4, 2017 12:20 pm

Double Qantas points

Hi there had an email about double points on new bookings made in the next few days. Can I book through a travel agent or do I have to book directly through Qantas.com? Thanks

theflyingguyblog Sep 4, 2017 3:26 pm

As far as I know, you should be able to book through a travel agent. I think they have access to the same promotions that airlines publish directly to customers. Also, since the travel agent would be booking through your account, which got the email, then they should be able to take advantage of the promotion for you

-The Flying Guy

Himeno Sep 4, 2017 6:36 pm

The travel agent doesn't need to book through you QF account.

The T&C state that it can be booked through a travel agent.
You click the link in the email to register for the double SC/points offer, then make a booking that has your QFF number in it, within the booking period of the offer.

mkdoc Sep 4, 2017 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by Himeno (Post 28776660)
The travel agent doesn't need to book through you QF account.

The T&C state that it can be booked through a travel agent.
You click the link in the email to register for the double SC/points offer, then make a booking that has your QFF number in it, within the booking period of the offer.

Thanks guys. I would have called them but travelling currently!

kirkwoodj Sep 4, 2017 7:20 pm

Didn't get that offer, & see nothing in AFF. Anyone else get it?

og Sep 4, 2017 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj (Post 28776789)

I got it but Mrs og didn't. Both WP and similar (but not identical) travel patterns.

Himeno Sep 4, 2017 8:16 pm

I got the email, but while I have upcoming travel to book, I'm not sure I'll be able to get it done during the short booking window of this offer (this week by Friday).

eminere Sep 4, 2017 8:46 pm

The double points offer is open to all: link

kirkwoodj Sep 4, 2017 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by eminere (Post 28777009)

Thanks!

pbl22 Sep 4, 2017 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by eminere (Post 28777009)

But only for travel between AU/NZ and Europe? And no double SCs?

solewalker Sep 4, 2017 10:13 pm

I got double status credits and double points. While I did recently fly Qantas, I only have a QF FF account to check award availability on its OW partners, so I haven't credited anything to QF.

eminere Sep 4, 2017 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by pbl22 (Post 28777163)
But only for travel between AU/NZ and Europe? And no double SCs?

Correct. It appears the double status credits offer is targeted while the double points is open to all.

DownUnderFlyer Sep 4, 2017 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by eminere (Post 28777370)
Correct. It appears the double status credits offer is targeted while the double points is open to all.

Seems like it. I got a double SC offer.

"Twice the reason to book - double Status Credits on eligible Qantas flights
As a special bonus for you, we are also offering double Status Credits on all eligible Qantas operated domestic or international flights with a 'QF' flight number on your ticket.#

Register and make a new booking between 4 September and 8 September 2017 and travel between 18 September 2017 and 6 September 2018.

5 days only! Book an eligible flight today and don't forget to include your Qantas Frequent Flyer number in your booking."

pbl22 Sep 5, 2017 12:32 am

Originally Posted by eminere (Post 28777370)

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer (Post 28777395)
Seems like it. I got a double SC offer.

Thanks for clarifying. I didn't get any email but registered for the double points on the QF website. Having already requalified this year (well, 5 SCs short), I didn't need the double SCs, but they would have been very handy for next year.

serfty Sep 5, 2017 2:46 am

It's been quite the active thread over the last 30 hours or so ...

http://www.australianfrequentflyer.c...fer-84778.html

But anyway, the 2x SC are targeted, the link for 2 poins has been posted.