Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Does Qantas ever have F sale fares from London?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2017, 1:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA silver

Since the break of the QF/ BA codeshare we usually get to Australia on our annual trip with a mix of BA and CX. This year I would like to treat ourselves to the A380 but note that the QF return fares are over £7k per person. Is there any history of sale fares on this route?
Old Jul 3, 2017, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Look for fares from other Eu cities
You may find a better airline than QF
Old Jul 3, 2017, 1:36 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
TG has a very pleasant F product and all TG flights BKK-SYD have F (for now)
Old Jul 3, 2017, 1:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If wanting to treat yourself , I would be looking at one of the better carriers that run 380 services such as Qatar, Etihad, Singapore or Emirates before Qantas. The Etihad suites would be my 1st choice

Don't know when you are planning to travel, but Rome to Sydney in November on Etihad is GBP5600 r/t and can be booked on an A380 the whole way
Old Jul 3, 2017, 2:24 am
Original Poster

Looking to travel in Jan with return on Feb 2018. Other carriers like Singapore are a similar price, and Emirates have same fares as QF( so was going to use them on a QF code to get BA Avios). The ex EU idea is a good one. Thx for your inputs
Old Jul 3, 2017, 2:25 am
Original Poster

Forgot to say looking to go inbound to Perth and out from BNE which might negate some carriers
Old Jul 3, 2017, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Open Jaws are generally strait forward.

What dates in January are you looking? There won't be any reduced fares in the first couple of weeks due to it being the end of the Christmas/new year peak period.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 2:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Dorsetboy
Forgot to say looking to go inbound to Perth and out from BNE which might negate some carriers
outbound to Perth and inbound from Brisbane even

It negates Qantas unless you really want to fly 3000 miles further than you need to

Emirates would be a decent choice - Rome-Perth/Brisbane-Rome for GBP6000 on A380 for all sectors
Old Jul 3, 2017, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you fly BNE-SYD on a separate ticket will get more options
https://www.perthairport.com.au/flights/route-maps
Old Jul 4, 2017, 3:30 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Being LHR based, I keep an eye out of QF F fares and don't recall them ever being on sale. exEU is the way to go for a cheaper F fare, even on QF. If it wasn’t for QF’s atrocious SC reduction when flying other airlines to Oz, I would aim to fly QR. I’ve only got 1000 more SC until LTG and them I am ditching QFF so will have a few more options. Still not sure what other frequent flyer programme to join, though likely BA even though their service is rapidly deteriorating they don’t penalise your Tier Points if you fly another airline (yet).
Old Jul 7, 2017, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Just to really close this one off and give some help to others. I decided to contact Flight Centre who intimated it wasn't a problem to get first class returns for c£5500 per head provided I stayed a couple of nights in Dubai either going out or coming back. So for c£10500 I've now got myself 2 Forst seats, Lhr-Dubai-Per and BNE-LHR on a mix of EK/QF plus three nights at the Taj in Dubai in a club room. Me happy bunny.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Just to really close this one off and give some help to others. I decided to contact Flight Centre who intimated it wasn't a problem to get first class returns for c£5500 per head provided I stayed a couple of nights in Dubai either going out or coming back. So for c£10500 I've now got myself 2 Forst seats, Lhr-Dubai-Per and BNE-LHR on a mix of EK/QF plus three nights at the Taj in Dubai in a club room. Me happy bunny.
Are these fares exLHR or exEU?
Old Jul 7, 2017, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Ex LHR for Jan to Australia return in and Feb 2018
Old Jul 7, 2017, 5:23 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
... c£5500 per head provided I stayed a couple of nights in Dubai either going out or coming back.
Did you have to buy a "air+hotel" combo from them as a package? I had heard there are some
cheap 'visit Dubai' fares with a mandatory stopover (something I never have the time for so haven't investigated). Does make for quite a saving.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 9:27 pm

Programs: qantas frequent flyer, velocity
Thats a pretty sensational price ^^. How many points did you spend with this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.