Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas Club

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2017, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Qantas Club

Is $NZ 1,230 for 4yrs qantas club no joining fee a good price ?
(It may beat chasing status)
Qantas sent this special by email.
Old May 8, 2017, 11:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Qantas is having a 40% off sale at the moment , so that is a decent discount off of the normal price

NZD307.50 a year is a pretty decent price, though if you have an overseas address you can use, you may be able to do better

According to https://www.qantas.com/travel/airlin...ypes/global/en , for countries other than AU/NZ , the cost for 4 years is A$1,350 which ( assuming a 40% discount available) would come to $810 which would work out at AUD202.50 per year
Old May 9, 2017, 1:40 am
Original Poster

Qantas club

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Qantas is having a 40% off sale at the moment , so that is a decent discount off of the normal price

NZD307.50 a year is a pretty decent price, though if you have an overseas address you can use, you may be able to do better

According to https://www.qantas.com/travel/airlin...ypes/global/en , for countries other than AU/NZ , the cost for 4 years is A$1,350 which ( assuming a 40% discount available) would come to $810 which would work out at AUD202.50 per year
They must base the cost on the average usage of the person residing in various countries
In NZ the use of the lounges is pretty limited
Old May 9, 2017, 5:59 am

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum

If you enter your country as "other" for tax purposes (you don't need to enter an actual address) you can get the 4 years for $810 + $206 joining fee, so $1026 AUD (~$256 p.a). Not sure how people are avoiding the joining fee, unless they are current members of course?
Old May 9, 2017, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Qantas club

Originally Posted by Guvner067
If you enter your country as "other" for tax purposes (you don't need to enter an actual address) you can get the 4 years for $810 + $206 joining fee, so $1026 AUD (~$256 p.a). Not sure how people are avoiding the joining fee, unless they are current members of course?
Do they often have great specials for renewals ?
If they don't then signing up for a 4 yrs period is the best option
At A$256 pa it will quickly pay for itself.
Just another couple of quick questions
Does this happen sort of instantly as i have travel coming up in about a weeks time ?
And do you need to have the card with you when entering the lounge?
Old May 9, 2017, 2:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You do not need the card. Even if not shown on boarding pass, agents at the lounge can check whether you are a member

As long as you will use it for 4 years, I would go for that since I don't recall this tyoe of discount to be frequent enough to have an expectation of renewing in a year or 2's time with such a discount

Not sure on how long it takes, but wouldn't expect it to take too long to process

Not sure how it will pay for itself though, unless you are paying for lounge access currently
Old May 9, 2017, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

You do not need the card. Even if not shown on boarding pass, agents at the lounge can check whether you are a member

As long as you will use it for 4 years, I would go for that since I don't recall this tyoe of discount to be frequent enough to have an expectation of renewing in a year or 2's time with such a discount

Not sure on how long it takes, but wouldn't expect it to take too long to process

Not sure how it will pay for itself though, unless you are paying for lounge access currently
On long layovers i have been known to buy passes on ebay and spend $20 to $30 each at the airport (where there is no priority pass lounge )
Old May 9, 2017, 6:31 pm

Programs: QF, EK
I have been asked for my QC card, in the Adelaide Domestic lounge, when the details needed were clearly on my boarding pass.

For 40% off I would recommend joining. Free 3rd checked bag going to/from USA, and if you fly with AA you can access some of their lounges. I'd have the actual card on your for AA access if you are below Gold status with OW, some AA lounge staff are not the most helpful.
Old May 11, 2017, 8:44 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by M.Wilson
I have been asked for my QC card, in the Adelaide Domestic lounge, when the details needed were clearly on my boarding pass.
ADL seems to be a domestic exception where they like to scan your card, regardless. Back when I was WP (and flying regularly through ADL) the staff would request I have my card scanned even though most other Lounges only required to sight it.

I think the fact that it is a joint-use terminal means they probably get more "trying it on" than in other locations.

Regards,

BD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.