Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

FJ Operated, QF coded delay - will they rebook me?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2017, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Just found out that my SYD-NAN OW flight tomorrow isn't departing at 0630, but now at 1100, meaning a 1600 arrival time in NAN.

I'm heading to Sheraton Tokoriki and the last boat leaves around 2pm. I'm going for 1 day thing there, so only staying 1 night there.

There's a Virgin Australia flight that gets in at 1:30pm, which means I'd likely miss the boat (checked bags as I've got another 6 days in Fiji) thought it may still be early enough to take a jetski across (can't expense the helicopter, otherwise I'm sure I would!).

Would QF rebook me on Virgin tomorrow for the earlier flight?

Called them today and sat on hold for about 25 minutes with no one picking up (I'm sure the weather in other parts of the country are impacting things)
Old Mar 31, 2017, 5:12 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
More likely they will offer you a refund so you can rebook with VA (at a significantly higher cost, no doubt).
Old Mar 31, 2017, 5:15 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Looks like the inbound aircraft FJ915 returned to NAN

Doubtful that FJ/QF would rebook but can only ask.
Suggest you get back on the phone

Sunset at this time of year is still after 6pm - so possibly the jetski might still work with a 4pm arrival - suggest you contact the hotel - I'm sure they've dealt with plane reschedules before.

VA flights from A$350 tomorrow
Old Mar 31, 2017, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moa999
Looks like the inbound aircraft FJ915 returned to NAN

Doubtful that FJ/QF would rebook but can only ask.
Suggest you get back on the phone

Sunset at this time of year is still after 6pm - so possibly the jetski might still work with a 4pm arrival - suggest you contact the hotel - I'm sure they've dealt with plane reschedules before.

VA flights from A$350 tomorrow
Thanks - I called them & their website isn't showing the delay, only FJ's is, so they told me any changes are voluntary and they'd have to charge me (no QF status, but OW Emerald through AA). Looks like I'm waking up at 4am now if they don't change it. Long morning at the lounge tomorrow.

Will contact the hotel as well - I think others are flying in from SYD too, so may be able to reschedule if others are impacted as well.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Chatted with FJ - they are going to pay for a hotel my first night. won't make it to Tokoriki
Old Mar 31, 2017, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by bhatnasx
Chatted with FJ - they are going to pay for a hotel my first night. won't make it to Tokoriki
Why are you only staying 1 night here?
Old Apr 1, 2017, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Why are you only staying 1 night here?
I'm bouncing around Fiji for work.

I had 1 night at Tokoriki to meet some folks there, but no longer. FJ offered to put me up at the Best Western Hexagon in Nadi, I passed on it & just booked at the Sheraton instead. I'm spending 3 days here & then will head down to Marriott Momi Bay for 3 more days before heading back to SYD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.