Wiki Posts
Search

Linked PNRs?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2017, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Gold FF
Linked PNRs?

Hi all, I asked QF to link PNRs for separately booked trips for myself and my husband.

They say they have done so but when I go to manage booking on the QF website I still don't see his name appear on the booking.

I want to select our seats but at the moment he doesn't appear on the seat selection.

Does it take 24 hour or some length of time, or have they not linked them?
Old Mar 3, 2017, 7:34 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
They may have just added an information note to connect the PNRs, rather than merge into one PNR.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by QueEff
Hi all, I asked QF to link PNRs for separately booked trips for myself and my husband.

They say they have done so but when I go to manage booking on the QF website I still don't see his name appear on the booking.
Linking is nothing more than text inside a reservation that other may/may not bother to read. Means nothing
Does not merge 2 reservation/PNR into 1 reservation/PNR or give any benefits to the other PNR (like better seat selection)

TCP (To complete party) is a term used by some, but do not expect anything you have not paid or a benefit from status the other does not have.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

Ok, can the bookings be merged? QF online chat agent seems unable to understand what I'm talking about and keeps telling me that the bookings are linked and the airports have been notified! They can't understand that I'm trying to select seats for both on the one booking! On the phone to QF now hoping they have more idea what I'm talking about.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 9:17 pm
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
No they can't be.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 3:39 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by QueEff
Ok, can the bookings be merged? QF online chat agent seems unable to understand what I'm talking about and keeps telling me that the bookings are linked and the airports have been notified! They can't understand that I'm trying to select seats for both on the one booking! On the phone to QF now hoping they have more idea what I'm talking about.
As far as I know, what you are asking for can't be done. You need to go into the bookings individually and make the seat selections.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 1:27 am

Where you have status that is different between passengers (i.e. 1 Gold and other Silver / Bronze) on a linked PNR seat selection is still seperate on the website you will need to call Qantas and have them assign the seats you wish.
I have done this previously without any issue.

Last edited by mrfreezetas; Mar 10, 2017 at 2:16 am
Old Mar 5, 2017, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mrfreezetas
Where you have status i different between passengers on a linked PNR and seat selection on the website different you will need to call Qantas and have them assign the seats you wish.
I have done this previously without any issue.
Thanks all, this is what has been done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.