Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Double SC for all - book by 6th march (Travel Mar 2017-Feb 19, 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double SC for all - book by 6th march (Travel Mar 2017-Feb 19, 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2017, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Jase76
You need 1,200 to retain WP. Apart from that you are correct. I've taken advantage of the last two times and it has been very beneficial with a J and F flight.
facecd referred to the loyalty bonus - these days you can choose between 50SC or 8K Qff points for every 500 SC's earned on ~ flights.

So 1100 ~ flight earn can become an additional 100 Sc's, making 1200.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 7:12 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Virgin AU Platinum, United Gold, Hilton Diamond
Can confirm, just had my first flights inside promotion period, double SC are credited pretty quick and yes they do count towards 500SC for loyalty bonus, after 1x MEL-LAX-JFK one could select 8k points / 50SC.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Indeed. Extra SC posted 3 days after flights did. ^
Old Jul 23, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: KrisFlyer QPPS, Enrich Silver, QF WP
qantas not honouring 2017 SC earned towards loyalty bonus count?

Originally Posted by serfty
facecd referred to the loyalty bonus - these days you can choose between 50SC or 8K Qff points for every 500 SC's earned on ~ flights.

So 1100 ~ flight earn can become an additional 100 Sc's, making 1200.
i just got informed today by the very helpful QFF phone service that the double status credits earned don’t count towards earning 500 SC for the loyalty bonus. I took the travel in early Feb 2018 but for bookings made as part of the 2017 promotion period. Travel period still inside the travel dates for the 2017 promotion and bonus credits appeared in statement but not counted towards loyalty bonus total.

Did anyone have any issues like this where it did not count for those SC earned from 2017 campaign and is there anything else I can do other than write them a letter and hope for the best? Help/suggestions much appreciated. It’s very annoying if they change the rules today even for the 2017 promotion retrospectively especially after I had made all the flights I needed to make only still to be short ☹️ to maintain gold �� now.

Thanks

Old Jul 23, 2018, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I earned a loyalty bonus where SC's from the 2017 promotion were included.

However, I'll have to go back and check the timeline.
fakecd and LinaLee like this.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
I earned a loyalty bonus where SC's from the 2017 promotion were included.

However, I'll have to go back and check the timeline.
same here. for 2017 promotions (booked march 17) the double SC component were egligible for loyalty bonus. i got 2 of them

for 2018 promotion (booked in Feb 18) they explicitly stated not count toward loyalty bonus. i heard mixed report on this some claim they got it this year... i have flight coming up next week where i pass first 500SC mark booked on promotion since my membership reset last mth so i can report my experience then.
LinaLee likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 4:28 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
They counted for my loyalty bonuses for the 2017 promotion.
LinaLee likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 5:14 pm

Programs: Qantas FF, United Mileage Plus, Virgin Velocity
They didn't count for my loyalty bonus for 2018 promotion but double status credits came through after 72 hours.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Was in T&C. Not news. Why only coming up now ages later?
Old Jul 23, 2018, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fakecd
for 2018 promotion (booked in Feb 18) they explicitly stated not count toward loyalty bonus. i heard mixed report on this some claim they got it this year... i have flight coming up next week where i pass first 500SC mark booked on promotion since my membership reset last mth so i can report my experience then.
@LinaLee , getting back to this.

As indicated, for this year's promotion the extra SC's were excluded from being part of the Loyalty Bonus calculation. However, there were not excluded from last years - there was no such caveat. As such and having being earned on QF marketed and Operated & Trans-Tasman QF Marketed and EK Operated ~ flights, the extra SC's earned from the 2017 promotion are included in the calculation.

I have come across quite a few anecdotes that would confirm this.

Here is the page for the 2018 offer: (I have highlighted the Loyalty Bonus exclusion)

Fly higher with double Status Credits - Frequent Flyer - Member Specials - Double Status Credits Offer | Qantas.com
Important information:
You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member to earn Qantas Points. A joining fee may apply. Membership and Qantas Points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions.
In accordance with Commonwealth policy, this offer is not available to you if you are travelling for Commonwealth purposes.
* This offer is valid when you register and make a new eligible flight booking between 12.01am (AEDT) 1 February 2018 and 11.59pm (AEDT) 5 February 2018 and travel between 12 February 2018 and 20 January 2019. An eligible flight for the purpose of this promotion means any Domestic or International Qantas operated flight with a QF flight number on your ticket where Status Credits are normally earned. For full details, see terms and conditions. Status Credits will not be earned on some fare types and booking classes including Classic Flight Rewards. See Airline Earning TablesThis link will open in a new window. for details. Flight gift vouchers purchased but not redeemed for an eligible flight booking during the promotion period will not earn double Status Credits. Bonus Status Credits earned from this offer do not count towards Loyalty Bonus or Platinum One Loyalty Bonus earn requirements. Each passenger can book multiple new bookings and be eligible for the offer. Status Credits may take up to six weeks after completion of travel to be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account. Flights are subject to availability and any applicable fare conditions. Flights can be booked via the Qantas website, a travel agent or Qantas Contact Centres. Fees may apply. Your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number must be recorded at the time of registration and booking to earn Status Credits. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer by Qantas. Only one Double Status Credits offer can be used per individual qualifying segment of your itinerary. If you qualify for multiple bonus offers, the offer first registered for will be applied to each individual qualifying segment. Full or part travel of an itinerary is eligible only if you book and travel within the promotional dates as listed above. If you change or cancel your initial qualifying booking and/or travel is completed outside the promotional period, this bonus offer will not apply.
# Status Credits are earned on eligible Qantas, oneworld alliance airlines, Jetstar Airlines and Fiji Airways flights only - see the Airline Earning TablesThis link will open in a new window. for details.
Here is the page for the 2017 offer: (There is no Loyalty Bonus Exclusion)

Reach new heights with double Status Credits - Frequent Flyer - Member Specials - Double Points Offer | Qantas.com

Important information:
You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member to earn Qantas Points. A joining fee may apply. Membership and Qantas Points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program Terms and Conditions.
~ The double Status Credits offer is valid when you register and make a new booking on an Eligible Flight between 12.01am (AEDT) 2 March 2017 and 11.59pm (AEDT) 6 March 2017, for travel between 2 March 2017 and 19 February 2018. An Eligible Flight for the purpose of this promotion means any Qantas operated flight with a QF flight number on the ticket where Status Credits are normally earned, excluding Classic Flight Rewards and any flight with a QF flight number on the ticket which is not operated by Qantas including Jetstar, Jetstar Asia, Valuair, Jetstar Japan, Jetstar Pacific and other partner airlines except for a Qantas marketed flight operated by Emirates between Australia and New Zealand with the following flight numbers: QF8764, QF8763, QF8762, QF8761, QF8770, QF8771, QF8766, QF8765. See the Airline Earning TablesThis link will open in a new window. for details. Your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number must be recorded at the time of registration and booking to earn double Status Credits. Qantas may extend or withdraw the offer. Each passenger in the same booking must register to qualify for this bonus offer. Flights are subject to availability and any applicable fare conditions. Flights can be booked via qantas.com, a travel agent or Qantas Contact Centres. Fees may apply. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other bonus offer by Qantas. Only one double Status Credits offer can be used per individual qualifying segment of your itinerary. However, double Status Credits may be earned on multiple eligible flight bookings if you book and travel within the promotional dates as listed above. If you qualify for multiple offers, the offer first-registered for will be applied to each individual qualifying segment. Full or part travel of an itinerary is eligible only if you book and travel within the promotional dates as listed above. If you change or cancel your initial qualifying booking and/or travel is completed outside the promotional period, this bonus offer will not apply. Bonus Status Credits may take up to 6 weeks after completion of your travel to be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account.
# Qantas Points and Status Credits (where applicable) are earned on Eligible FlightsThis link will open in a new window. with that airline's flight number on your ticket. Qantas Points and Status Credits may not be earned on some fare types and booking classes. See terms and conditionsThis link will open in a new window. and the Airline Earning TablesThis link will open in a new window. for details on the conditions for the applicable airline.
LinaLee likes this.

Last edited by serfty; Jul 23, 2018 at 6:06 pm
Old Jul 23, 2018, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Was in T&C. Not news. Why only coming up now ages later?
Because from @LinaLee's post, Qantas Customer Service is getting confused between the 2017 and 2018 promotions.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 6:42 pm

Because from @LinaLee's post, Qantas Customer Service is getting confused between the 2017 and 2018 promotions.
Ah, I see.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 7:39 pm

@LinaLee , getting back to this.

As indicated, for this year's promotion the extra SC's were excluded from being part of the Loyalty Bonus calculation. However, there were not excluded from last years - there was no such caveat. As such and having being earned on QF marketed and Operated & Trans-Tasman QF Marketed and EK Operated ~ flights, the extra SC's earned from the 2017 promotion are included in the calculation.

I have come across quite a few anecdotes that would confirm this.

Here is the page for the 2018 offer: (I have highlighted the Loyalty Bonus exclusion)

Fly higher with double Status Credits - Frequent Flyer - Member Specials - Double Status Credits Offer Qantas.com

Here is the page for the 2017 offer: (There is no Loyalty Bonus Exclusion)

Reach new heights with double Status Credits - Frequent Flyer - Member Specials - Double Points Offer Qantas.com
Thanks Serfty. I’ve pointed them to the T&C for 2017. Hopefully they are able to connect the dots. If they reject it there’s nothing else I can do? Or should I just keep pushing it? Would you guys have any evidence to counter things if they get difficult?

Thanks.

Old Jul 23, 2018, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LinaLee

Thanks Serfty. I’ve pointed them to the T&C for 2017. Hopefully they are able to connect the dots. If they reject it there’s nothing else I can do? Or should I just keep pushing it? Would you guys have any evidence to counter things if they get difficult?
www.airlinecustomeradvocate.com.au - Home

How many bonus SC's are in dispute?
LinaLee likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:26 am

www.airlinecustomeradvocate.com.au - Home

How many bonus SC's are in dispute?
Thanks for the link. Hope we do not have to go down that path.

Only 20 required and than I can get the 50 SCs which should get me over the line. I really don’t want to take more flights other than what I’ve planned in the next 7 weeks if don’t have to. It’s a little crazy to take flights that a last minute booking will cost a bomb to get 20 more SC.

Although if I have a reason I could be tempted to do weekend away 😜

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.