Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Loyalty Bonus - Status credits accounted to which membership year?

Old Feb 26, 17, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Virgin AU Platinum, United Platinum, Hilton Diamond

Hi all.

I still have a loyalty bonus from Qantas waiting to be redeemed. I am not sure if the 8000 points is really what I want, due to surcharges for award flights and number of points required.

My membership year ends this February in a few days. If I redeem the status credits in next membership year will they be accounted the next year or retrospectively in the year where the loyalty bonus was granted?
I already have Platinum and won't get Platinum 1, so its nonsense to have them in the current membership year.

Thanks all again for the help.
Old Feb 26, 17, 5:10 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Anecdotally, they have been accounted for in the membership year at the time you select them. So, it has been reported that they would go toward the new year.
Old Feb 26, 17, 5:42 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
Agree, it doesn't follow logic, but multiple reports suggest they apply to the year in which they are redeemed.
Old Feb 26, 17, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Virgin AU Platinum, United Platinum, Hilton Diamond
One would guess so, but these are the fine details that one probably doesn't know and both ways would make some sort of sense.
Has anyone had such a case?
Old Feb 27, 17, 4:33 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Hellboy666 View Post
One would guess so, but these are the fine details that one probably doesn't know and both ways would make some sort of sense.
Has anyone had such a case?

Such a case of what? Sorry I am not clear on what you're saying.

Have there been instances of people redeeming Loyalty Bonus SC's into the membership year AFTER the year in which they were earned (via the 90 day thing) and have those SC's apply to the new year? Yes

Have there been instances of people redeeming LB SC's in the next membership year from when they were earned and have them apply to the previous membership year? Not that I am aware of

Will QF change the system to make the SC's apply to the membership year in which they were earned, regardless of when they are redeemed? Who knows, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: