Placing a value on Qantas FF Points

Old Feb 26, 2017, 1:33 am
Original Poster

Placing a value on Qantas FF Points

I can't see where this is covered before on the forum, apologies if it has.

In considering flight options I often find that it would be valuable to be able to put a $ value on Qantas FF Points gained. This is not withstanding Qantas publish how much it would cost to buy additional points, but I am wondering if this is the best way to calculate the value of FF points?

Thoughts?

TKM
Old Feb 26, 2017, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is no right or wrong answer. Just a matter of opinion based on your travel profile.
QF have high cash surcharges on awards, so that detracts from the (already poor) value.
Look at post 330 here. The QF points needed for upgrades has/will increased. (not included in post 330 yet)
Old Feb 26, 2017, 2:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
There is no right or wrong answer. Just a matter of opinion based on your travel profile.
QF have high cash surcharges on awards, so that detracts from the (already poor) value.
Look at post 330 here. The QF points needed for upgrades has/will increased. (not included in post 330 yet)
Very informative. Thank you.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Depends a lot on how you earn QF points
Earn to burn is what matters if award flights are you ffp objective
Earning QF points for some is easy with credit cards.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.