Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas First Lounge Access in Sydney on Cathay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas First Lounge Access in Sydney on Cathay

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:26 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by ieuan1
I often transit in SYD (QF to CX). They can't issue me a lounge invitation in WLG for some reason, but I'm always allowed into the QF First Lounge showing my CX Emerald card. ...
Sure, status based lounge access works pretty well on Oneworld, though subject to "capacity controls" but QF has never invoked that in SYD even though the F lounge is often quite full (some other OW airlines invoke it more often). Class of service based access, when not F at SYD, is the issue and that is a bit murky in the OW rules, which are well intentioned. I wonder how many pax are affected, most flying F would also have QFF WP status pretty quickly given the SC earn unless they are all flying awards
Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by MahiMahi524
Well yes that too, but in terms of J to F on CX accessing J or F lounge, seems YMMV depending on whether the J lounge is willing to call CX and if the CX rep is willing to authorize you to get into the F lounge.
Sure that is certainly a YMMV.

Although, presenting an invitation would remove the V from that acronym.

From @ieuan1's post it seems they are used to no "invite" for transit PAX, but expect one from those originating at SYD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.