Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

ex-Belfast to AU £282 / NZ £355 via LHR in Y

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2017, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF, BA

Apologies if this has already been posted but looks like a good deal in Y.
Credit to 'rachelandgromit' at HUKD.

Pricing up at BravoFly / Lastminute via Skyscanner.
Seems to be EI 053 stock
BHD-LHR EI then QF via DXB

BHD - MEL £330ish, best availability in May
BHD - SYD £350ish, best availability in May
BHD - ADL £340ish, best availability in May
BHD - PER £282ish, best availability in May
BHD - AKL £355ish, availability in Mar/Apr

OP suggests glitch, but possible sale?
Anyone able to find the fare rules?
Old Jan 29, 2017, 4:45 am

Programs: QF Platinum
Thanks for posting. If I can get this to work it will save me >GBP1300 across 3 tickets. regrettably the OTAs only have very simple booking engine interfaces - so it's next to impossible to force an overnight but <24hr connection in London.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by luftaom
Thanks for posting. If I can get this to work it will save me >GBP1300 across 3 tickets. regrettably the OTAs only have very simple booking engine interfaces - so it's next to impossible to force an overnight but <24hr connection in London.
Give kayak a go, I've found it gives the most flight combinations. The ones to look out for are around 40 hours each direction with an overnight in London.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: BA Blue :(
I'v booked one of these, but 99% sure it will be cancelled. The tax on Belfast to -Melbourne flight is over £260 and my fight was around £340 so that leaves the airline with £80.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 9:49 pm

Programs: LifeQP LTS, Avis
Last year I organised a flight for my partner to travel from Ireland to Canada for half the cost if she had flown from UK, so she went PE instead of Y. Never found out why flights ex Ireland are so cheap, despite the fact that they usually transit via a European airport.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 4:21 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
I'v booked one of these, but 99% sure it will be cancelled.
Prices Europe-OZ are the cheapest for travel in May, so this could be a genuine fare sale.
Due to the increased competition by Mainland Chinese carriers on the kangaroo route, price are rock-bottom outside the high travel season.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by warakorn
Prices Europe-OZ are the cheapest for travel in May, so this could be a genuine fare sale.
Due to the increased competition by Mainland Chinese carriers on the kangaroo route, price are rock-bottom outside the high travel season.
Hope so but nervous because it wasn't pricing up on matrix. Only Bravofly/lastminute had it.
Anyone found the fare rules for this?
Old Feb 1, 2017, 2:19 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Pretty sure it is a mistake fare as it is exactly the one-way fare but sold as round trip. QF is having a pretty good sale to compete with the chinese carriers, but not having to go quite this low (which is close to below cost of fuel once you subtract the gov't fees from the fare).
Old Feb 6, 2017, 3:50 am

Does anyone hold a confirmed booking? All flights except the last BE flight disappeared form my PNR.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 4:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zkcib
Does anyone hold a confirmed booking? All flights except the last BE flight disappeared form my PNR.
Flights are intact on Checkmytrip for May. EI/QF/QF/BA on EI stock.
Fingers crossed
Old Feb 6, 2017, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by joequimby
Flights are intact on Checkmytrip for May. EI/QF/QF/BA on EI stock.
Fingers crossed
also booked for May ex ABZ, BA/QF/BE, ticketed by bravofly on 267-Stock.

Fingers crossed that your booking stays intact.

I'll wait a few days till them to contact me, didn't receive an email nor a call yet.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by number_6
Pretty sure it is a mistake fare as it is exactly the one-way fare but sold as round trip. QF is having a pretty good sale to compete with the chinese carriers, but not having to go quite this low (which is close to below cost of fuel once you subtract the gov't fees from the fare).
Close to below the cost of the fuel surcharge that Qantas charges, not necessarily their cost of fuel!
Old Feb 6, 2017, 7:34 am
Original Poster

A few people on HUKD have started receiving cancellation emails
http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/quic...628?p=29990900

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.