Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

15th Annual AGM + Tour (TBC): BNE QP Sat 25 Feb 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

15th Annual AGM + Tour (TBC): BNE QP Sat 25 Feb 2017

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2017, 5:19 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
I think the QF637 could have its own afterparty. I seem to recall some "special meal" shenanigans last year
Old Feb 9, 2017, 12:31 am

Programs: QF, AA, UA, AS, SW, CO
Okay, thanks for the feedback here & elsewhere

Details of the AfterParty are
Byblos
Portside Wharf
39 Hercules St
Hamilton Q 4007

25/2/17 6:00pm - 9:30pm

$27 for a delicious serving of dips & warm tastings I've selected from mezat & grill offerings. You pay EventBrite fees of $2.21. So total $29.21.

Go to EventBrite to register & pay. By 16/2/17. (This confirms the numbers, lets the booking happen. And.. Let's me enjoy the afternoon & evening without being group cashier )

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ft-agm-...ts-31959939038

It is listed as a private event, rather than listed out publicly on the EventBrite site, "FlyingFriends" is the password. Nice having a secret handshake

Also open to flying friends who missed the AGM. (Will also be posting this on AFF etc.)

Hopefully this is all okay with the administrators, and, please WP would you put a nudge of some sort on this? Ta
Old Feb 9, 2017, 3:30 am

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
Originally Posted by JessicaTam
Afterparty?!?

Dang, I am heading home that night.

There is always an afterparty somewhere. You should know that by now.

Originally Posted by Storyteller
Okay, thanks for the feedback here & elsewhere

Details of the AfterParty are
Byblos
Portside Wharf
39 Hercules St
Hamilton Q 4007

25/2/17 6:00pm - 9:30pm

$27 for a delicious serving of dips & warm tastings I've selected from mezat & grill offerings. You pay EventBrite fees of $2.21. So total $29.21.
Paid.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 9:20 am
In memoriam

Programs: QF WP & AA EXP
Originally Posted by Storyteller
To be difficult, as you know I always am ( ) - can we just order the extras since both crankychick and I have "dietary requirements"?
Old Feb 9, 2017, 6:53 pm

Programs: QF, AA, UA, AS, SW, CO
Originally Posted by wijomas
To be difficult, as you know I always am ( ) - can we just order the extras since both crankychick and I have "dietary requirements"?
Yes, no worries
Will add you to the list as attending..
Old Feb 9, 2017, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Awaiting contact from the Head of Customer Experience BNE, who is in turn waiting for the QF Commercial team in Sydney to give support for the AGM/Tour. All requests for these events now need to be authorised by them.

Hoping that the ideas we have for the Tour - one of them will come off. Does make it hard when we've done the 2 biggest available ones...but it may mean that we don't need to head "off-property" so no arranging pick-ups etc.

As for next year, I already have the Tour in planning stage with QF Management- AND whilst it's a little bit more difficult logistically, we will have (and may need) a whole year to plan. The thread will be up as soon as this years AGM is finished. But the venue won't be advised just yet

Last edited by QF WP; Feb 9, 2017 at 7:35 pm
Old Feb 10, 2017, 1:38 am

to quote Big Kev (RIP): "I'm Excited!" (for both this and next year!)

thank you for the work, as always, QF WP!
Old Feb 12, 2017, 5:44 pm

Programs: QF WP
Hi,

I'm in as well. Will be arriving in BNE on 24/02 and departing on 26/02.

Have already purchased tickets for after party.

EDIT: Flights are QF548 24/02 SYD-BNE and QF 547 BNE SYD 06/02

Last edited by el_rooto; Feb 12, 2017 at 8:15 pm
Old Feb 12, 2017, 8:17 pm

Can someone add me to the platinum list too, it's been a while since I was on here (almost two years according to FT) but hey, better late that never!
Old Feb 13, 2017, 12:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Good to see you both sign up and have added you names to the list.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 12:29 am
Original Poster

The joys of organising a function and things beyond ones control

Just finished a long chat with the QF RGM. The delays in the J Lounge renovation/extension have caused QF some issues. Whilst it was meant to have already been opened, it has now been further delayed until 9 March. This means that the hoardings that are up now, will still be there on 25th. This means a reduced space for all pax (including us) on the day.

Of course they asked whether we could delay until after 9 March so we could have it in the new Lounges and they could organise a private tour of it. The problem our group has is the number of people who have already booked flights and accom and any associated costs. They understand...

But we have got clearance for our AGM to happen from 3pm in the Lounge. I'm now awaiting the RGM and CEM to get back to me regarding the possibility of Tour. Alternate to Tour is being planned (perhaps a chat from Airport Manager on duty).

Thankfully the 2018 AGM is already underway with planning and is landside.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 12:59 am

Programs: QF LTG, VA Gold, BA Gold, HH, SFSC
Originally Posted by QF WP
The joys of organising a function and things beyond ones control

Just finished a long chat with the QF RGM. The delays in the J Lounge renovation/extension have caused QF some issues. Whilst it was meant to have already been opened, it has now been further delayed until 9 March. This means that the hoardings that are up now, will still be there on 25th. This means a reduced space for all pax (including us) on the day.

Of course they asked whether we could delay until after 9 March so we could have it in the new Lounges and they could organise a private tour of it. The problem our group has is the number of people who have already booked flights and accom and any associated costs. They understand...

But we have got clearance for our AGM to happen from 3pm in the Lounge. I'm now awaiting the RGM and CEM to get back to me regarding the possibility of Tour. Alternate to Tour is being planned (perhaps a chat from Airport Manager on duty).

Thankfully the 2018 AGM is already underway with planning and is landside.
Thanks for all the work in the background QF WP.

I was in the BNE J lounge yesterday, and it might be a bit squeezy* - but hey, good company will make up for it!

*There is a nice private area where the bar is - as long as no-one else wants a drink!
Old Feb 13, 2017, 1:06 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by QF WP
The joys of organising a function ..

The problem our group has is the number of people who have already booked flights and accom and any associated costs. They understand...
Of course they offered to give free flight changes to help facilitate their proposed later AGM date ? (Hahaha)

So FT is a tightly organised group who work in unison while QF are like hearding cats ?

Last edited by og; Feb 13, 2017 at 1:23 am
Old Feb 13, 2017, 4:50 am

Programs: QF WP (LTG), AA, SPG Gold, IC Plat Amb, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold.
Thanks for the update.

Thanks, QP WP. Here's hoping that some sort of tour is possible, or an interesting speaker!
Of course, if they'd like to do another separate showing of the new J lounge when it's open (or an invite to the opening) for us, that would be just fine! 😊
Old Feb 13, 2017, 5:04 pm

Past AGM's have seen the QP lightly loaded during those Saturday afternoons so hopefully the mob still won't be such a massive issue in the lounge.

You did suggest the CL option right, QF WP?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.