Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

15th Annual AGM + Tour (TBC): BNE QP Sat 25 Feb 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

15th Annual AGM + Tour (TBC): BNE QP Sat 25 Feb 2017

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2017, 4:17 pm

Programs: QF WP, Pleb with multiple hotels
Originally Posted by doug_westcott
I think you will find there will be a list of names of those attending at the front desk, and if your on the list - your in! No need to be flying or have QF FF status
Thanks!
Old Feb 24, 2017, 6:09 pm

Programs: QFF SG; VA WP; Accor Platinum; IHG Silver; HH Gold
Originally Posted by og
SYD 16R pavement failure and all traffic using 16L (incl 380s). Indefinite departure delays.
Probably why the inbound for my flight up was delayed. Departure was quite swift once everyone was onboard though.

Anyone else kicking around BNE yet, I'm in the QP at the computers. Might pop down to Skygate if it's easy to get there.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 6:24 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by caviack
Probably why the inbound for my flight up was delayed. Departure was quite swift once everyone was onboard though.

Anyone else kicking around BNE yet, I'm in the QP at the computers. Might pop down to Skygate if it's easy to get there.
I'm now in BNE but getting the train into town for a while. Should be back about 2:30?
Old Feb 24, 2017, 6:33 pm

Managed to fly ahead on QF528, ETA 1330hrs. See all of you soon.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
Originally Posted by og
I'm now in BNE but getting the train into town for a while. Should be back about 2:30?
I will most likely be on thus train too
Old Feb 24, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: QF, AA, UA, AS, SW, CO
Originally Posted by OzKatie
Oh - is there a secret handshake? wink? nod? for getting in to the QP for the event? Or flash our cards and presume they're not scanned for flights?
Yep, handshake, only one, followed by couple of winks & a 1/2 nod, no flashing necessary

I have found they are on the watch for us, very hospitable, & before I even ask they are ushering me in. Could be the absence of BP, or that we look more relaxed than when travelling. And for locals, the absence of hand luggage is possibly a clue.

Still, I like the handshake routine. Always a winner

Have found $10 parking with online booking at airpark, for up to 24 hours. To the left when passing international terminal. Shuttle to the Dom every 20'.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 9:10 pm

Programs: Qantas
I'm waiting for the airtrain at Eagle Junction. There's one due in four minutes.

I survived the bus and the first train ride. One train to go!

Last edited by MrsBurrill; Feb 24, 2017 at 9:13 pm Reason: Typo
Old Feb 25, 2017, 12:13 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
Tiger finally got me here around 30 minutes late but at least they got the right airport.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 2:29 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Wish I could have been there today. What a shame.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 4:34 am

Programs: QF WP (LTG), AA, SPG Gold, IC Plat Amb, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold.
Thanks to QF WP for arranging another great Brisbane AGM. It was good to meet so many of the luminaries of our community, whether for the first or another time.
A pity that more of the QF management couldn't join us, but the Duty lounge F&B manager and staff did sterling service.
It was interesting to chat with him and learn more of the lounge catering mysteries, about J lounge Deli service in the afternoon and the later Tray service meals, and that only around 20 portions might be provided (ie, asking why I can't get a pie or sub sandwich if arriving after 5.30 pm!)
Will also look forward to seeing the new J lounge when it finally opens next month.
See you all at next years Greatest Ever Epic AGM and thanks again to our organiser for the planning!
Old Feb 25, 2017, 5:09 am

Well I hope you all had fun, shame I couldn't go to this one... I'll try for next year.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 5:18 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Thanks again QF WP for yet another successful FT AGM. It was good to meet "the regulars" again as well as the newer attendees. Also thanks to the QF staff for looking after us and making us feel welcome - both to those who were with us and to those behind the scenes. A great afternoon.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 6:52 am

Programs: QF, AA, UA, AS, SW, CO
Echoing the above, thank you QF WP for your dedication in putting this function together. Thanks you QF for having us, again.

And lovely to catch up with old & new friends. Didn't get to say hello to a couple of new faces - next time

Byblos went well after traffic chaos created 30-46 minute delays in parking!!!
Food was tasty, and the wonderful river breeze was amazing
This sort of weather that we had tonight is the stuff we rave about!

Looking forward to next year (platinum please )
Old Feb 25, 2017, 4:57 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
Another thumbs up from me for the efforts of QF WP on another great event and Dan aned the lounge staff looking aftr us. Another fun event and just waiting for next year's thread as the plans sound fantastic!!!
Old Feb 25, 2017, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
I'll echo the conviviality of the AGM as always, tried to get around to talk with everyone, think I succeeded...I love the fact that a group of online people CAN get together and share a face-to-face relationship.

My thanks to the QF staff that made this years AGM happen, from the Qld EGM, to behind the scenes with the Customer Experience Manager and Lounge Operations Manager. On the day, none of us could fault the staff on duty, so my thanks to Susan (Senior Lounge Host) and in particular the F&B server Daniel who filled our empty glasses with a smile.

There was one thing I missed mentioning in my speech last night. I was meant to toast thadocta, one of the original attendees of the AGM who passed away last year. Felt that he was there in spirit...

Okay, now it's onto the 2018 AGM for me. I can imagine some will be refreshing their browsers constantly - but you can only respond AFTER I have put up the first 2 posts PLEASE. Then it's every man or woman for themselves

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.