Wiki Posts
Search

QF12 - reclear security at LAX?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2017, 4:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
QF12 - reclear security at LAX?

I'm on QF12 JFK-LAX-SYD for the first time today and was wondering if I need to clear security again at LAX. If so, are properly sealed duty free bags permitted through security at TBIT?

The reason I'm asking is that I'm connecting onto PER and was wanting to buy duty free in JFK as I may be rushed for time in SYD if (or more likely: depending how long) QF12 is delayed.

Thanks!
Old Jan 4, 2017, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
No need to reclear security - you are leaving the USA.

Arrive, go to the Qantas First lounge, await departure (don't forget your sealed bag).
Old Jan 4, 2017, 2:14 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Another alternative is to buy your duty free at LAX, for some things it is cheaper than JFK though that varies by item. Also the QF onboard duty-free is surprisingly well priced but limited selection (I often get the Hendricks gin with tea cup ).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.