Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Lounge access in PVG for MU domestic for QFF Platinum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2016, 1:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFF WP (LTG), VA SG

Hi all,

Sorry, I couldn't find this information explicitly written anywhere. I'm travelling domestically in China on MU from PVG, and I'm a QFF Platinum, after arriving on QF. Just wondering if I'm able to get lounge access in PVG anywhere before this MU domestic segment, due to the new arrangement between MU and QF.

Thanks!

Josh
Old Jul 21, 2016, 2:12 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Details about lounge access benefits have not been announced yet and are probably still being negotiated between QF/MU. It is worth stopping by the domestic PVG lounge to check when you are there, but don't be surprised if nothing is in place yet.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 3:01 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
At the moment the arrangement is not much more than a codeshare, so no lounge benefits..

(not that you're missing out on much with the current MU lounges)
Old Jul 22, 2016, 10:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
Not missing anything there by not being allowed to get it,

Qantas is even offering 120rmb voucher on the top of the lounge access to his business passenger out of PVG in order to compensate for the terrible lounge offering there.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 7:07 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by pvgman
Not missing anything there by not being allowed to get it,

Qantas is even offering 120rmb voucher on the top of the lounge access to his business passenger out of PVG in order to compensate for the terrible lounge offering there.
That lounge is beyond bad. Wish I got that voucher.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 8:52 am

Programs: QFF WP
I find all Chinese lounges to be at best mediocre in the domestic terminals (NKG, PVG, TSN, PEK etc all the same).

International ones at PVG are ok'ish sort of like a modern take on the 1990's Ansett Golden wing lounges.

In the main if it weren't for the wifi you wouldn't bother and even then it often isn't worth the effort.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.