Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

AUK check in hours- early departure [AKL]

AUK check in hours- early departure [AKL]

Old Jul 24, 16, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, UA Gold, *A Gold, OW Emerald
Thank you for the good information. I rode the 4 a.m., bus from the Holiday Inn to the terminal, checked in with first class (no wait), went through the formalities and had a nice visit to the QF lounge. I will be back in August. It will be nice to know where everything is.
Old Jul 24, 16, 9:05 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by cavemanzk View Post
If you you check-in online you can skip check-in an head straight upstairs to customs/security then to the Lounge.

If your on an NZ/AU/CA/US/UK passport - you can also use the Smart-Gates for your departure to jump the lines at Customs.
An advantage of desk check in though is getting the express sticker (for platinum parsonstrish) on BP so you can short cut security if long lines. Smart gate is great but security .... Depends.
Old Jul 25, 16, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, UA Gold, *A Gold, OW Emerald
Leaving AKL for SYD, I did receive the "Express Lane", red sticker on my boarding pass. It all helps.
Old Jul 29, 16, 1:28 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by NZbutterfly View Post
An advantage of desk check in though is getting the express sticker (for platinum parsonstrish) on BP so you can short cut security if long lines. Smart gate is great but security .... Depends.
Its seems to be 50/50 now with the waiting time, I had some recently when there was 20 people in the express line yet the smartgates we're near empty.
Old Jul 30, 16, 3:44 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Gold, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cavemanzk View Post
Its seems to be 50/50 now with the waiting time, I had some recently when there was 20 people in the express line yet the smartgates we're near empty.
The benefit is that you get to have the option.
Old Aug 6, 16, 1:46 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Leaving at 6 am to SYD as well but from Queen Street hotel (probably). Is it safe o get the Airbus at 3am from there to make the checkin window? Leaving Monday morning.

Thanks, all!
Old Aug 6, 16, 2:22 am

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by Doc Savage View Post
Leaving at 6 am to SYD as well but from Queen Street hotel (probably). Is it safe o get the Airbus at 3am from there to make the checkin window? Leaving Monday morning.

Thanks, all!
IMO yes. Traffic would be light if not non-existent. However do check the route and schedule of the bus as I have been told they have made some operational changes.
Immigration ans security will normally not open before 4:30 and there is not much of a lounge offering or many interesting things airside.
Old Aug 6, 16, 3:13 am
Suspended

Cool

Originally Posted by Blackcloud View Post
IMO yes. Traffic would be light if not non-existent. However do check the route and schedule of the bus as I have been told they have made some operational changes.
Immigration ans security will normally not open before 4:30 and there is not much of a lounge offering or many interesting things airside.
Thanks. I took the same bus at a more civilized hour about 10 days ago, but to catch a domestic flight, so do know just where the bus stop is.
Old Aug 7, 16, 11:03 am
Suspended

Good as gold. Got ready quicker than anticipated, caught the earlier bus, zero traffic, Qantas checkin opened about 3:15. Had some breakfast, and security opened up at 4:35, relatively quick lines.
Old Aug 7, 16, 4:56 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by Doc Savage View Post
Good as gold. Got ready quicker than anticipated, caught the earlier bus, zero traffic, Qantas checkin opened about 3:15. Had some breakfast, and security opened up at 4:35, relatively quick lines.
I really hate AKL when you check in and then have to wait for the immigration and security line to open.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: