Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QF Codeshare on JQ - Baggage Entitlement

Old Jun 19, 2016, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum MM; AA Gold; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold

If I book a QF-coded domestic Australia flight operated by JQ (in this example, SYD-TSV) via an online travel agent (here, ExploreTrip or eDreams), am I correct that I will get the QF baggage allowance of one free carry on and one free checked bag per passenger?

In the case of my itinerary, booking the flight as such appears to be cheaper than booking through JQ directly, plus I'd have to pay extra for each passenger's checked bag if I booked through JQ directly.

I just want to make sure I know what I am getting myself into here, as I understand that paying for baggage after the fact, including through JQ's "manage my booking" feature is more expensive than paying at the time of booking.

Lastly, oneworld emerald status doesn't offer anything with regard to baggage, seating, or perks on a standalone QF-coded, JQ-operated domestic flight within Australia, does it?
Old Jun 19, 2016, 1:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If you can books the Qantas codeshare, then you will get the Qantas baggage allowance - see https://www.qantas.com/agents/dyn/qf...shareInfoIndex

One World Emerald status provides no benefits

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.