Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QF- no checking of luggage separate itineraries from 1 Sep [2016 some exceptions]

Old Jul 4, 2016, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: deeruck
Qantas agents' notice:
http://www.qantas.com/agents/dyn/qf/info/201606/0621
http://www.qantas.com/agents/dyn/qf/policies/QantasBaggagePolicy?adobe_mc=MCMID%3D3289727584528 7147303720953966178302954%7CMCORGID%3D11B20CF953F3 626B0A490D44%2540AdobeOrg%7CTS%3D1490150651 QF Baggage policy
http://www.qantas.com/agents/dyn/qf/info/BookingGuidelinesInterlineBaggage#through-checked-baggage
Print Wikipost

QF- no checking of luggage separate itineraries from 1 Sep [2016 some exceptions]

Old Mar 19, 2017, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bananahead
I'm flying QF J SYD-ADL and then QR J ADL-DOH on two separate PNR's.

What are my chances of finding a nice QF agent to tag my bag all the way from SYD to DOH? Do they seem to be accommodating at through checking bags on separate OneWorld PNR's?
Are any of these flights award flights?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...xceptions.html
Old Mar 19, 2017, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Are any of these flights award flights?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...xceptions.html
O M G....

That award flight exception is incredible! My first sector SYD-ADL is an award ticket!
Old Mar 21, 2017, 8:27 pm

Just an update.....armed with screenshots of the above link saying exemptions apply to partial award ticket itineraries I approached a very nice lady at the Qantas service desk in SYD to see if she'd check my bag through to DOH via ADL. She called over a supervisor who had a look and made a call. The supervisor said this is now out of date information on the website and thanked me for bringing it to my attention and said she would contact the relevant department to have the information on that web link updated.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm flying QF J SYD-ADL and then QR J ADL-DOH on two separate PNR's.
Just an update.....armed with screenshots of the above link saying exemptions apply to partial award ticket itineraries I approached a very nice lady at the Qantas service desk in SYD to see if she'd check my bag through to DOH via ADL..
So was your bag through checked to DOH even with your 2 separate PNR's?
Old Mar 21, 2017, 9:17 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Just an update.....armed with screenshots of the above link saying exemptions apply to partial award ticket itineraries I approached a very nice lady at the Qantas service desk in SYD to see if she'd check my bag through to DOH via ADL. She called over a supervisor who had a look and made a call. The supervisor said this is now out of date information on the website and thanked me for bringing it to my attention and said she would contact the relevant department to have the information on that web link updated.
You mean they were implying that the award ticket exemption no longer applies?
Old Mar 21, 2017, 11:24 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by sxc
You mean they were implying that the award ticket exemption no longer applies?
That's my reading of it...
Old Mar 29, 2017, 1:17 am

Yes sorry I wasn't more clear. I explained that I had two separate PNR's however the first PNR for SYD-ADL was a redemption ticket and I showed the screenshots about the exclusion for redemption tickets. The check in agent called over a supervisor who made a phone call and said that that exclusion no longer applies and the info on the website is now outdated.

My bag was only checked as far as ADL.

It was no major deal. The main reason I wanted it checked through to DOH was I had built in extra buffer time at ADL knowing I was on a separate PNR ADL-DOH so had around six hours at ADL airport. If my bag could have been checked through to DOH I would have landed in ADL and jumped in a taxi and had a look around the city for a couple hours. Eh ho.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 1:45 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Well as of today the website hasn't been updated and I suspect you were being told a lie.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 2:12 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by sxc
Well as of today the website hasn't been updated and I suspect you were being told a lie.
A perfect issue for our friendly QF rep "Red Roo" to take on board. If they are still interested in engaging with FT (please!).
Old Mar 29, 2017, 3:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by og
A perfect issue for our friendly QF rep "Red Roo" to take on board. If they are still interested in engaging with FT (please!).
It seemed only interested in spam drops - definitely not an interaction that I found at all useful - no loss for it to go
Old Mar 29, 2017, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by og
The division Red Roo represented has been outsourced to Manilla and no longer has an active presence on Fora such as this and AFF. (There may be a passive presence.)

Here a post on AFF from early this month:

Originally Posted by Red Roo
Hi everyone, we’d like to let you know that Red Roo will be taking a break from servicing customers here and other like fora. We’ll still be monitoring conversations and feedback to continually improve your experience with us.

As always if you need to get in touch, we have 24/7 support on Facebook, Twitter and via the phone on 13 13 13.

We value you all, our Qantas Frequent Flyers, and will continue to strive toward giving you the very best travel experience.
Old May 10, 2017, 7:17 pm

Yes sorry I wasn't more clear. I explained that I had two separate PNR's however the first PNR for SYD-ADL was a redemption ticket and I showed the screenshots about the exclusion for redemption tickets. The check in agent called over a supervisor who made a phone call and said that that exclusion no longer applies and the info on the website is now outdated.

My bag was only checked as far as ADL.

It was no major deal. The main reason I wanted it checked through to DOH was I had built in extra buffer time at ADL knowing I was on a separate PNR ADL-DOH so had around six hours at ADL airport. If my bag could have been checked through to DOH I would have landed in ADL and jumped in a taxi and had a look around the city for a couple hours. Eh ho.
I'm in the exact same situation as you (did you happen to go for the 'kids fly free promo' earlier this year bananahead?):

Have SYD-ADL booked on a Qantas award ticket and then fly through with QR to DOH and Europe on a seperate ticket.

I'm flying out next month and already had printed off a copy of that internal memo on interlining and exceptions. Has anyone had more luck with checking through luggage by Qantas departing from SYD recently?
Old May 11, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
You should file a complaint with the Airline Consumer Advocate and demand some compensation.
Old May 11, 2017, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aumelle
Have SYD-ADL booked on a Qantas award ticket and then fly through with QR to DOH and Europe on a separate ticket.
Is the ADL-DOH-xxx booked with cash or points/ff miles from QF/?? airline?
Old May 21, 2017, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Is the ADL-DOH-xxx booked with cash or points/ff miles from QF/?? airline?
SYD-ADL: QF award booking (miles)
ADL-DOH: QR cash booking

Last edited by aumelle; Jun 1, 2017 at 12:04 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.