Wiki Posts
Search

Why is 5A always 'pending'?

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2016, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LY Silver, BA Silver, VS Silver, EK Silver
Why is 5A always 'pending'?

First time on QF Forum so apologies if answered already.

Booked QF10 LHR-DXB in F via EK Website for 2 pax. Only seats available are 4A 5A and 5K

Travelling together the only combination is 4A and 5A. 4A is confirmed but 5A is 'pending'. On Expert Flyer website, 5A is still showing available.

What if someone takes 5A? and why is it pending and has been so for 2 months.

Did another booking and again all seats taken except these 3 with 5A also pending.

Help!
Old May 26, 2016, 2:47 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
5A is a bassinet seat.
QF A380 seatmap
Old May 31, 2016, 3:28 am

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by TLVFred
First time on QF Forum so apologies if answered already.

Booked QF10 LHR-DXB in F via EK Website for 2 pax. Only seats available are 4A 5A and 5K

Travelling together the only combination is 4A and 5A. 4A is confirmed but 5A is 'pending'. On Expert Flyer website, 5A is still showing available.

What if someone takes 5A? and why is it pending and has been so for 2 months.

Did another booking and again all seats taken except these 3 with 5A also pending.

Help!
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
5A is a bassinet seat.
QF A380 seatmap
Agreed but unless something has changed recently the OP should be able to select it. Never had a problem doing so previously even months out
Old May 31, 2016, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Thanks I can now select it. The only other spare seat is 5F so me and the wife will be in 5A and 5F which is not great even with the divider down. However EF is showing 5K available (and 1K) but its not showing any seats even there on the right hand side. the left hand side is taken (crosses) but nothing appears on the right at all. called them and they said 5K is not available but EF says it is!
Old Jun 2, 2016, 2:10 am

Thanks I can now select it. The only other spare seat is 5F so me and the wife will be in 5A and 5F which is not great even with the divider down. However EF is showing 5K available (and 1K) but its not showing any seats even there on the right hand side. the left hand side is taken (crosses) but nothing appears on the right at all. called them and they said 5K is not available but EF says it is!
I just noticed that you booked via the EK website.
How are you trying to select these seats ?
I often do the reverse (book EK via QF website) and find if I plug my booking reference into the EK website I have a bigger selection of seats to choose than I do through QF.
May not be the same case in reverse but I thought it worth mentioning.

I'd definitely try to get two seats on the F/K side or two seats on the A side. A and F are not really conducive to couples travelling at all if you like to interact. I don't and prefer sitting alone except for when dining. The FA's control the divider and it will be up for the duration of the flight.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Princess you are a star. On QF website I can access all the seats. Thanks very much
Old Jun 4, 2016, 4:55 am

Princess you are a star. On QF website I can access all the seats. Thanks very much
You're welcome
Enjoy the trip !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.